BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a BMW 325i and the passanger door is locked as well as the 2 back doors. How do I get into my car? the central lock system isn't working. How can i bypass the general module and unlock my doors manually to get into the car. thanks.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,276 Posts
From the inside, pull twice on the door handle to unlock. That should do it.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Have you tried using the key?

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

·
pconwell
218 Posts
Fast Bob said:
From the inside, pull twice on the door handle to unlock. That should do it.
If the door is in (what I will call) a 'hard lock' condition, pulling on the door handle will not unlock it. Test it out. Get in your car (but don't start it) and lock the car with the key fob. You cannot get out, the car is 'hard locked'. That's why there is a warning on the windshield to not lock the car with the key with anyone inside the vehicle.

I'm *guessing* that the OP is experiencing a 'hard lock' on the doors.

If not, the OP probably just needs to hit the unlock button twice (once for the driver door, twice for all the doors) or just needs to pull the handle twice from the inside.

Burrogs said:
Have you tried using the key?
The passenger and rear doors do not have a key hole (not sure what the technical term is there).

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have a BMW 325i and the passanger door is locked as well as the 2 back doors. How do I get into my car? the central lock system isn't working. How can i bypass the general module and unlock my doors manually to get into the car. thanks.
When you press the lock/unlock button inside the car, is there a soft "thunk" every other push? Does your driver's door lock from the key fob, but not unlock unless you use the key? If the answer to both of those is "yes", you probably have a bad lock relay in the GM5 module behind the glove box. See www.bmwgm5.com for a full description and a reasonable repair service.

The deadbolt or "hard lock" that pconwell refers to may unlock when you drive the car above the normal locking speed. At least, it at least sometimes did on my car -- I never did test it quite thoroughly enough to completely understand all the nuances. If that happens, then you are able to unlock with a double pull on the inside handles.

Until you get the relay fixed (assuming that's what it is) DO NOT lock your car from the key fob. Instead, manually push down the lock buttons. That way the deadlock will not set, and you'll still be able to unlock from the inside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts