BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Logic 7 Problems????????????????

1008 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Axcu
Has anyone w/ a Logic 7 equipped e90 experienced any problems? I just got back from my ED and over a period of 6 days I had several problems where while playing a CD, the unit would kick over to FM. This happened w/ several CDs (all original.....no burned copies). Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any feedback would be appreciated.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
You sure that it was defect and not a feature? You know that in Germany the radio will kick in when they are giving traffic update (if your system is set so) and interrupt your CD play, right?
AZBob said:
Has anyone w/ a Logic 7 equipped e90 experienced any problems? I just got back from my ED and over a period of 6 days I had several problems where while playing a CD, the unit would kick over to FM. This happened w/ several CDs (all original.....no burned copies). Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Nah in the US I don't think there are any traffic features.
st_o_p said:
You sure that it was defect and not a feature? You know that in Germany the radio will kick in when they are giving traffic update (if your system is set so) and interrupt your CD play, right?
I suppose that's possible. I don't ever remember it going to music on FM, always somebody speaking German. But as to what was being said.............who knows. I don't know if that's something the VPC re-programs here or not. Thanks for the tip though. I'll check it out.
Yes, that's definitely that you got to listen some of the traffic announcements. They're frequent in Germany and other European countries (though don't have those here in Finland). In the old E46 3-series you could turn that off by not having the *TP displayed on the radio screen, however, when in Germany you really want to listen to those...even if you don't know any german, if they say a city's name you'll be better off by avoiding that area, that is..unless you like horrid queues.

They usually briefly talk about the traffic announcement and sometimes leave the "broadcast" on for some time to "advertise their station". After the announcement is over, the radio switches back to whatever you were listening.

You, umm, should kind of have figured this out...Maybe on the sixth day? :) No offense ;) Hehe, enjoy the new car!
AZBob said:
I suppose that's possible. I don't ever remember it going to music on FM, always somebody speaking German. But as to what was being said.............who knows. I don't know if that's something the VPC re-programs here or not. Thanks for the tip though. I'll check it out.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top