BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Couple months ago, the rear windsheild on my E92 2007 was damaged and water got into the trunk and obviously, no more sound was coming out the speakers. I took it to the dealership to fix the windshield (under insurance) and to check the sound issue. They said that the amp was fried due to water infiltration (1900$ for repair).
I got a used one from Ebay, same model but not same car (65129150899) and the seller guaranteed that the amp works. However, when I plugged it, I still have no sound (checked every button/fuse in the radio).
Am I missing something here guys? Should I tell the car that I have a new amp?
I really need your HELP! Thank you

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
The amp is plug and play. If you got the same part #, it should work.

If it's a different part #, it won't work. You cannot program amps.

Depending on your model configuration, there are other modules in the trunk that maybe prevent sound from your audio system. These include the TCU/MULF, SAT, and CDC modules.

You can buy a loopback connector from the dealer and remove each device one by one from the MOST loop. If sound comes back, the module that you removed from the loop is faulty. You can do this test with the audio system powered on. Sound should come back immediately if the MOST ring is restored.

You can either choose to remove the module, leaving the loopback connector in place or replace it. Either way, I recommend the iDrive unit is coded properly to reflect the changes but it's not 100% necessary.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
FYI info on part no's in seond link

http://beckerautosound.com/

http://www.bmwgm5.com/Logic7_6941681.htm

You might talk to the guy at the second link.
Did you compare the plugs for pinout and are you sure
you got the connectors seated properly.

As said before amps are not programmable and there could
be a break in your most loop but the water indicates a 95%
probability its your amp.
since its your window the other modules under the trunk floor
may have got drowned to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This my first time over here and I didn't expected to get help this fast! Thanks a lot.
This being said, yes I checked the pins and the connectors ate well seated. Where are exactly those modules under the trunk?

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
If you don't have iDrive then what ever head unit you have, will need to be coded in regards to what I mentioned above.

The center section of the trunk floor lifts up and out. There are the TCU/MULF/SAT modules in the back, center, right behind the rear seats.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
As suggested, I got a loopback connector from the dealer and connected it to the cable that goes to the amp but still no sound. Note that the amp is the only module that I have (no TCU or any other). I tried everything! Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One more thing: the new amp part # is 65.12 9 150 899 (same # as the old one)...is that enough to make them similar?

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
The amp is the one thing you can't connect it to

The amp is the one thing you can't connect it to (loopback connector
because it's the most loop provides the audio signals)
because it removes it from the loop.
Is the fan turning in the amp ?
What are the listed options for your car ?
SOS , CDC , Blutooth phone are all connected directly
with the Head Unit via Most bus.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Fuse F8 or F20 depending on year of car

Fuse F8 or F20 depending on year and month of car build
did you check them with an ohm meter or just visual them.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Who did it and are you sure it wasn the head unit

Who did it and are you sure it wasn the head unit
that got reprogrammed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts