BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for posting, Philly.

You should check out the bell, it's a very nice park.

·
DHP pwns ZHP :p
7,078 Posts
Z4phillygirl said:
Gorgeous photos! :thumbup: You know I've lived in SoCal since ... and I have never visited the Korean friendship bell?
:stupid:

·
Registered
737 Posts
justinu said:
Thanks for posting, Philly.

You should check out the bell, it's a very nice park.
You're welcome. I will be adding it to my list of "fun things to do in LA"... I don't think I've ever been to Chinatown, either. :eeps:

·
7,078 Posts
Z4phillygirl said:
I don't think I've ever been to Chinatown, either. :eeps:
:yikes:
:jawdrop:

·
Registered
737 Posts
doeboy said:
:yikes:
:jawdrop:
Ok, I've been to Monterey Park, Alhambra and San Gabriel for good Chinese food, but I don't think I've ever been to Chinatown - isn't that in Downtown LA? :dunno: There's a place called something "Garden" in Monterey Park, I think, that my sister and her girlfriends and I almost always went to after the Asian nightclubs shut down at 2am and we'd be hungry and no way would we ever do Denny's. This was way back in the early 90's, in my early 20's. :angel: I can't stay out past even midnight, I get tired! Let alone roll into bed at 4am like I used to... Those days are over! :rofl:

So, where's the best dim sum in LA? And, OC?

·
7,078 Posts
Z4phillygirl said:
Ok, I've been to Monterey Park, Alhambra and San Gabriel for good Chinese food, but I don't think I've ever been to Chinatown - isn't that in Downtown LA? :dunno: There's a place called something "Garden" in Monterey Park, I think, that my sister and her girlfriends and I almost always went to after the Asian nightclubs shut down at 2am and we'd be hungry and no way would we ever do Denny's. This was way back in the early 90's, in my early 20's. :angel: I can't stay out past even midnight, I get tired! Let alone roll into bed at 4am like I used to... Those days are over! :rofl:

So, where's the best dim sum in LA? And, OC?
Yeah it's near downtown... pretty gross nowadays actually... (or could be I'm just spoiled now being in the OC so long.... :p )

Garden... haven't been there in a long time and I don't miss it. I was there once at that time and oh my the obnoxious types that were there... :eek: Maybe I'm just getting old... :p :rofl:

Dim Sum in OC? er.... I think the closest decent place is in Cerritos or Rowland Heights... the ones near me are just eh... :eeps:

·
Registered
737 Posts
doeboy said:
Garden... haven't been there in a long time and I don't miss it. I was there once at that time and oh my the obnoxious types that were there... :eek: Maybe I'm just getting old... :p :rofl:
DUDE!!! You'll never guess where I was tonight!! Yuppers! Garden Cafe in Alhambra. Damn.... I realized I hadn't been in that place in almost a decade!!!! :yikes: I so rarely hang out with Asian peeps... :)

And, it's so funny how you mentioned the "obnoxious types"... the couple on our right, the chick was browsing Maserati brochures while her male date was trying to convince her to get a Jaguar convertible instead because it's "classic". :D

The couple on our left, the chick was some PR person because she kept having to take calls and get someone else on a VIP list of some such and yadda yadda yadda....

And, the parking lot was full of either riced-out Hondas or bling-bling Benz's. :bigpimp:

My sister and I had pork chops (fried and spicy salt for her, black bean sauce for me) and we grabbed boba teas to-go across the street before heading home... I think I'm wired on caffeine now... :eek:

Talk about a walk down memory lane that place is for my sister and me... :angel: Ahhh... to be 22 again. I sure don't miss it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts