BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would take me a short evening drive...I wish I had stayed home now...I pulled out of a store and heard a click click as I go down the road..I first thought..hmmm, rock in my tread...then I did the smart thing and pulled over near some lights to see what it was...it was a nail, look at this pic :( :( :( :mad: :banghead: the tire was NOT going flat..but I didn't take any chances and put on my spare..BUT, I go to get the jack out and for some DAMN reason the red nut that holds it in was broken..I could not get that damn jack out for shit :banghead:. I had to get my screwdriver and turn the botton part that was left in the jack, and slowing turn it with the screwdriver, which seemed like forever bent over in the trunk..I finally got it out and changed the tire!!!! damn damn, I also took a pic of the broken piece I am talking about that holds the jack in....I snapped the pic quick so its blurry for some reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Hmm, is there a Michelin Pilot curse? A friend of mine just replaced a Pilot Sport that picked up a nail in the identical location as the pic above. Well, today we noticed that the new tire in the same location (left rear) picked up a screw and washer once again in the identical location.

:banghead:

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kaz said:
Hmm, is there a Michelin Pilot curse? A friend of mine just replaced a Pilot Sport that picked up a nail in the identical location as the pic above. Well, today we noticed that the new tire in the same location (left rear) picked up a screw and washer once again in the identical location.

:banghead:
damn it! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: did he HAVE to replace the tire:dunno: :( :bawling:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The BMW tool kit is to help you fix the things you break fixing things :confused:

Not good br0.. sorry for the tire loss.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
CCs328Ci said:

damn it! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: did he HAVE to replace the tire:dunno: :( :bawling:
We talked about that, and it seems the edge of the tread is iffy for patching.

·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts
ya..i think a hole that close to the sidewall makes for a difficult patch. what type of nail is that with the funny looking head.

hopefully the tire shop can work some wonders and not force u buy a new tire.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I totally understand your pain. I too got a flat and went to get my jack and the damn red retainer was broke. It took me an hour with a screw driver and a pair of plyers to get that thing off.:banghead:

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kyle said:
I totally understand your pain. I too got a flat and went to get my jack and the damn red retainer was broke. It took me an hour with a screw driver and a pair of plyers to get that thing off.:banghead:
dear god..that is the EXACT same thing last night...I was bent over in the trunk so long, and had not even started changing the tire!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts