BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
M status achieved!
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 20 minutes and $2.00 worth of bar stock... 7075-T6.. stronger than the "brand name" ones...

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
If I knew what they were - boy would I be VERY impressed:confused: :rofl:

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Look great!

I think I'd like to order a few for my mom, she'd like some tea candle holders....

:p

·
Tyler's Paw Paw
942 Posts
Oh, come on you guys, everyone knows what those are ... those are the things you slip onto your shoe laces so when those little plastic ends break your laces don't get frayed.

Geez ...

·
M status achieved!
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jason, how much you want for them???
I made these for myself out of some leftover stock I had here at work. If I put this on the Omniturn here, I could pump out around 30 of them an hour and sell them for about $15-20 a pair! Alas though, I can't manufacture them for sale because of UUC's copyright on them. But, they are $35 on UUC's website.

·
Black Mage
2,337 Posts
Wouldn't pulleys THAT small cause a problem? I mean... personally I'd be a little edgy about a slow water pump at 6500 RPM.

·
M status achieved!
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I made them on a lathe Once I got my UUC tranny mounts, I was able to get the OD spec and the height difference between stock and the UUC mounts. That gave me the top thickness. I then just transfered that thickness into the walls of the hat to give me the OD of the enforcer. I made mine with about .003-.005 clearance around the bushing itself. UUC may have different clearance. I wanted mine as tight as possible and still be able to go on. In fact, I had to almost press them in because of the bushings being out of round.

I used 7075-t6 aluminum to make them. It's a little heavier than 6061, but a LOT stronger. I also prefer the way 7075 machines compared to 6061 as well.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts