BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Nice looking M but the asking price seems real high. Or am I out of touch and is that the normal range:dunno:

G

·
Re: Re: Re: Lookie!

nate328Ci said:

But, compare it to an E46 M3, rather than a 325Ci :p
If he chooses to. But most people buy cars comparing those of similar prices. And a '99 E36 M3 costs about the same as a fully loaded E46 325Ci or moderately equipped 330Ci. So I think that comparison is fair too.

Needless to say, I'm curious about his impressions in general, regardless of what, if anything, he chooses to comapre it to.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Lookie!

TD said:

If he chooses to. But most people buy cars comparing those of similar prices. And a '99 E36 M3 costs about the same as a fully loaded E46 325Ci or moderately equipped 330Ci. So I think that comparison is fair too.

Needless to say, I'm curious about his impressions in general, regardless of what, if anything, he chooses to comapre it to.
Still, an M car is always going to be more immediate and sportier feeling than a regular 3 series, no matter the year.

Comparing on price, I should compare a mint E30 325is to a new Chevy Metro?

A more interesting comparison is how the M3 has changed over the years....

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Custom wheels - they look nice. The price is definitely on the high side, but do tell us what you think when you get back.

That said, I just remembered seeing a '99 M3 optioned out like the one you've got there. It was a dealer CPO car, and they wanted nearly $38k for it. My advice - pass unless they bring down the price a few thou.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
DougDogs said:

Oxford is the green that looks dark, like britsh racing green right?? if yes, than oxford is OK.

Fern is like phil's touring ????
Oxford is the darker green. Slate green is very close to mine. I'm not real familiar with Fern but if it is the one from 99-00 era (I've seen a couple around) on 3 series it is a little pukier looking than mine.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just got back from the test drive...wow! Had it in a 4 wheel drift around a corner onto the freeway first thing...big fun!

Now trying to decide whether or not I wanna swap it for my 325....

I'll post a long comparo of the E36/E46 M3s tomorrow or maybe tonight.

·
Registered
903 Posts
You sure that is not Bosten Green. My friend had a 98 Bosten/Grey M3 coupe. That car was so awesome, but then he traded it in for a Silver/Black E46 M3. He never looked back. I think the green looks great and you hardly ever see them. I think Oxford/Mullberry is THE BEST COMBO for the E36 M3. :D

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
in_d_haus said:
Just got back from the test drive...wow! Had it in a 4 wheel drift around a corner onto the freeway first thing...big fun!

Now trying to decide whether or not I wanna swap it for my 325....

I'll post a long comparo of the E36/E46 M3s tomorrow or maybe tonight.
I noticed the add says it has "leather or leatherette trim"

what's that all about:dunno: :dunno:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.