BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cobra_Z3
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for an affordable pair of roll bars / hoops for my Z3. I do not want the set that is connected in the center with a bar, as it will render the already tiny storage compartment useless, and it does not look as good as the individual hoops behind each seat.
It has a AC Cobra kit on it and the dual chrome roll bars would really complete the look.

·
BMW CCA 1405
1997 BMW Z3 1.9
5,180 Posts
I am looking for an affordable pair of roll bars / hoops for my Z3. I do not want the set that is connected in the center with a bar, as it will render the already tiny storage compartment useless, and it does not look as good as the individual hoops behind each seat. It has a AC Cobra kit on it and the dual chrome roll bars would really complete the look.
Perhaps you have a 1996 or early 1997 without roll bars.

I don't think there are any functional roll bars available that are chrome. BMW roll bars can be retrofitted and require adding mounts to the floor and making holes in the console.

There are cosmetic chrome roll bars that attach to the seat belt towers and do not penetrate the console lid. Their chrome cross bar is necessary to prevent each hoop from swiveling.
http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=39172&sid=cdc60460fcdcc2b48985dbec5810d240

·
Cobra_Z3
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I currently have the standard black roll bars that come with the 98 Z3. What I am looking for is chrome replacement roll bars like the one on the attached picture. I found several links that show them, but when I contact them, they are no longer available from that source.

Attachments

·
Registered
711 Posts
AC Schnitzer produced chrome roll hoops for our cars, but I have never seen them here in the US. You may have some luck over in Europe.

·
Cobra_Z3
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, but I am unable to find AC Schnitzer roll bars for sale, and I believe they are in the $500 range which is not acceptable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts