BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for you guys. I currently have a 2003 M3 (purchased new) and a 2002 Montero Sport(which handles like crap). I'm looking for a 2002+ X5 (4.4 or 4.6) with as many options as possible. Is there anything negative or things I should watch out for on the X5's? I know everything on the M3's but I fairly new looking at the X5's. I have my M3 equipped with Bluetooth, XM Radio, A Car PC, etc... but I don't know how hard it is to get a 2002 X5 equipped with the toys. Please help :) I would really like a 4.8 but 70+ is a bit high for my wife :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
As a new owner I don't know much of anything compared to the history and experience on this board. However, as someone who likes a lot of options, I can tell you this: If you get the Sport package, you can't have the heated steering wheel! :dunno:

·
Welcomed to the 'Fest!
696 Posts
justwaiting said:
Question for you guys. I currently have a 2003 M3 (purchased new) and a 2002 Montero Sport(which handles like crap). I'm looking for a 2002+ X5 (4.4 or 4.6) with as many options as possible. Is there anything negative or things I should watch out for on the X5's? I know everything on the M3's but I fairly new looking at the X5's. I have my M3 equipped with Bluetooth, XM Radio, A Car PC, etc... but I don't know how hard it is to get a 2002 X5 equipped with the toys. Please help :) I would really like a 4.8 but 70+ is a bit high for my wife :)
Are you replacing the Montero and keeping the M3? Just curious....

There aren't any major things but there are a handful of little things, like many newers cars. Window regulators, peeling interior door handles, dead pixels in the MID, bad upper hatch switch, hatch rattles, condensation in the headlights, and others. Nothing really mechanical; just little issues.

If you get a 4.6is there weren't really any options except navigation and choice of nappa leather or leather/Alcantara. I think comfort seats vs. sport seats was an option. The 4.6 owners can straighten this out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.