BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Looking for a CA/dealer in Pittsburgh

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  rickyg15 
#1 ·
Looking for a CA or dealer in Pittsburgh. Recommendations appreciated.

#2 ·
You should expand your search radius, as they say.

Generally you can buy a car from any dealer in the USA. Then the challenge is getting it. your options (realistically) are:

1. Buy anywhere and pick it up at the Performance Center delivery in Spartanburg SC
2. Buy at a dealer, then fly (or drive or walk) there and drive it home.

IMO 'getting a great deal' is not something YOU do...it isnt a tactic or a skill that you can employ.... you must FIND the dealer that is willing to deal. You really need to find that dealer- that has recognized the high volume/low profit process for thier store (or for one CA at their store) or just luck out that you happened to call when they are willing to deal.

Or course, finding THAT guy/gal right in Pittsburgh would be nice tho....

#3 ·
You should expand your search radius, as they say.

Generally you can buy a car from any dealer in the USA. Then the challenge is getting it. your options (realistically) are:

1. Buy anywhere and pick it up at the Performance Center delivery in Spartanburg SC
2. Buy at a dealer, then fly (or drive or walk) there and drive it home.

IMO 'getting a great deal' is not something YOU do...it isnt a tactic or a skill that you can employ.... you must FIND the dealer that is willing to deal. You really need to find that dealer- that has recognized the high volume/low profit process for thier store (or for one CA at their store) or just luck out that you happened to call when they are willing to deal.

Or course, finding THAT guy/gal right in Pittsburgh would be nice tho....
Agree 100%. I***8217;m looking nationally for a unit with the features I want, but as you said, it would be nice to find someone local. Unfortunately, Pittsburgh doesn***8217;t seem to be a large enough market to support a high-volume/low-margin luxury dealership.

#4 ·
I've seen some great deals from individuals looking to sell and they don't want to pay a big commission to a dealership.

Be sure to protect yourself your thought and have someone look at the car. I would even go as far as doing a background check on the seller. I use this site pretty regularly for background checks and criminal reports Employment & Criminal Background Checks | BackgroundCheckRepair.org. Just keep your eyes out for fraud or something like that.

I bought an amazing 750 I many years ago from someone second hand and it's the best vehicle I've ever had. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.