BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking to take a European road trip in maybe September while the weather is still nice but the Europeans are no longer on holiday. Looking to replace our 2000 323is with a new 328 sport maybe with the 'M' package if it's available.
When should we make our deal in the USA to have a car waiting for us in September 2012?
Also, can you recommend a dealer in the Philadelphia area who can put together an ED deal with a minimum of BS?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
We are looking to take a European road trip in maybe September while the weather is still nice but the Europeans are no longer on holiday. Looking to replace our 2000 323is with a new 328 sport maybe with the 'M' package if it's available.
When should we make our deal in the USA to have a car waiting for us in September 2012?
Also, can you recommend a dealer in the Philadelphia area who can put together an ED deal with a minimum of BS?
Why limit yourself to a Philly dealer? There are many experienced ED sales associates elsewhere and you can pick your car up at the PCD in Spartanburg. The PCD pickup is almost as much fun as the ED itself. We picked up our ED car in Spartanburg and enjoyed the experience very much.

By the way I agree with your choice of September for pick up in Munich. For the most part you can travel without hotel reservations and adjust your plans as you go. The only thing that you will be likely to miss is the flowers - they can be quite beautiful in summer.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
My advice: Call Adrian in Atlanta and do an ED followed by a PCD. I guarantee you won't regret it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
We did an ED in August and used Steve Vlasses at BMW of the Main Line. Since 1998, I've bought 6 BMWs from Steve. He's a good guy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We did an ED in August and used Steve Vlasses at BMW of the Main Line. Since 1998, I've bought 6 BMWs from Steve. He's a good guy.
right down the street from us.
we bought our present 2000 323i new from Don Rosen, the previous dealer at the same location. They screwed up the order bad - basically changed the order to make a car for another customer- and when we went to pick up the car on the delivery date ...guess what? No car for us! We ripped the salesman a new a**hole so big that he -eventually- gave us his BMW as a loaner until ours was built and delivered.

A few months ago we tested a 335D there( I wish they put that motor in an F30) and the sales lady could have been a realtor for all she knew or cared about cars. Didn't know much about ED or production schedules either. I certainly will check the F30 out there when they are available and will probably offer to buy from them if the deal is reasonable, but I'm definately not getting d*cked like last time.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't deal with Philly dealers either. Main Line wouldn't even discuss ED, and Otto's won't discount below the quoted price on BMWUSA.com. I went with Irv out of Chicago and did PCD. PCD is worth it even if you don't go to Germany for the car and order locally, it's a blast!
thanks, adding him to the list also.
your experience was much like mine when we purchased in Bala Cynwyd all those years ago. I probably got them down a bit, but they were acting like they were doing me a big favor... I'm almost sorry I brought this up because it's been 12 years and I almost forgot how poorly we were treated then.
I'm really not a lunatic... just a guy looking for a fair deal and expecting a dealer to honor their commitments

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
right down the street from us.
we bought our present 2000 323i new from Don Rosen, the previous dealer at the same location. They screwed up the order bad - basically changed the order to make a car for another customer- and when we went to pick up the car on the delivery date ...guess what? No car for us! We ripped the salesman a new a**hole so big that he -eventually- gave us his BMW as a loaner until ours was built and delivered.

A few months ago we tested a 335D there( I wish they put that motor in an F30) and the sales lady could have been a realtor for all she knew or cared about cars. Didn't know much about ED or production schedules either. I certainly will check the F30 out there when they are available and will probably offer to buy from them if the deal is reasonable, but I'm definately not getting d*cked like last time.
If you really liked the 335d and speaking from owning one for about 8 months and over 13K miles, it is one fantastic car especially for commuting and road trips. I have owned about 20 BMWs and the 335d may well go down as one of the best I have ever owned. Fantastic power and torque, decent handling, decent room, great mileage as I have gotten almost 40 mpg on trips. I get about 32-34 commuting to and from work. You may well be able to pick up a leftover 2011 or a nice loaner. If you aren't committed to an ED next year might want to give this some thought.

Check out this thread: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=582296

If you decide to do an ED on an F30 you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If the 320D was available I'd opt for that, but doubt it will be in time to arrange a september 2012 ED- It's got great efficiency and plenty of torque. that being said, the efficiency of the N20 is pretty darn good given it's HP and torque numbers

·
Not a Bimmer driver anymo
1,732 Posts
thanks, adding him to the list also.
your experience was much like mine when we purchased in Bala Cynwyd all those years ago. I probably got them down a bit, but they were acting like they were doing me a big favor... I'm almost sorry I brought this up because it's been 12 years and I almost forgot how poorly we were treated then.
I'm really not a lunatic... just a guy looking for a fair deal and expecting a dealer to honor their commitments
Ugh, I didn't even bother calling Bala Cynwyd for my Euro Delivery; even for regular sales they were .... yeah I'll stop here because what follows aren't nice words :rofl:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ugh, I didn't even bother calling Bala Cynwyd for my Euro Delivery; even for regular sales they were .... yeah I'll stop here because what follows aren't nice words :rofl:
I agree- but I feel some obligation to give them a chance to make the sale if I'm shopping and test driving at their showroom... as I said 'a' chance, no negotiating , no waiting for the
'sales manager'.... just one chance as in "here's what I want, give me a call back with your best price."
I'm pretty sure I'll be looking to buy from someone else

·
Registered
713 Posts
Talk to Donna at BMW of Mt. Laurel (if you want to give a local dealer a chance). PM me for more details.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.