BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been looking for the "perfect" 335 cab (has to be manual tranny, prefer red or montego, sport pkg and cold weather a minimum, and needs to be one owner and CPO'd) with no luck. I also want a good price! :thumbup:

Right now there is a really good deal from BMW NA on 2007 CPO 3-series of 0.9% financing (don't really need financing but this is almost free money) and the first 2 payments are made for you. This offer ends Nov 2 but maybe they will extend? Any opinions on this? :dunno:

The closest cars I've been able to find are a one owner silver/grey with 24,000 miles at Tischer BMW (asking $39,998) with Sport, prem, cold weather, comfort access, sat radio, and active cruise. The color combo is Ok but does not thrill me (kind of bland). I would offer them 38 or 39k.
BTW, anyone ever buy at Tischer? They seem to have a very high customer rating on one of the big dealer rating web sites.

The other is a Plat Bronze/Cream with 30,000 miles at BMW of Ashville. It is equipped similarly they are asking 41,970. I would still try to offer 38 or 39k. Not sure about this color combo, though.

In any case, I'm getting tired of waiting and am tempted to pull the trigger on one of these cars since the money seems so good. Or should I wait longer and see if the offer is extended and a color I really love shows up? Any opinions? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
Alot of this just boils down to what you really want.

I had my cab built and priced and was closing in on completing the budgetary requirements when a 2007 CPO with all the stuff I wanted and a bit more than what I needed showed up on my dealers lot for a few $K less than my new build would cost. We test drove the CPO and upon parking it, walked back and sat down and negotiated the deal for the "build your own" 2009 I now drive. Bottom line, a CPO needs to be EXACTLY what you want based on how long you plan to have it. My cab is fully paid for and I anticipate driving it minimally 10+ years. My requirements are very different from many 3er owners. I could have bought the CPO that day... or waited the very agonizing 8 weeks for my personal build .... I chose the latter, and I am so happy I did.:)

·
Registered
965 Posts
E93/335: manual tranny, prefer red or montego................

Just not that many MTs out there, you colors aren't main stream either.
Unless you are willing to wait a long, long time you need to decide what you are willing to settle for or if you willling to wait another year or more.

Have it your way is one reason people order new.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
E93/335: manual tranny, prefer red or montego................

Just not that many MTs out there, you colors aren't main stream either.
Unless you are willing to wait a long, long time you need to decide what you are willing to settle for or if you willling to wait another year or more.

Have it your way is one reason people order new.
Actually I wouldn't say the Montego is not main stream.

The probably is that there just are not that many Cabs out there and to get a 6MT limits it even more.

For example, I ran a search last month on CPO Cabs within 100 miles and there were only 11 e93s total with Steps.
LMAO, I just ran a search for 6MT Cabs and the only CPO within a 100 miles is an e46. When I expanded the search to 500 miles, the total became 2. It picked up another 6MT Cab in LA. We're talking about Calif too (a Cab-friendly state).

I guess a lot of people either bought or did 3-year leases instead of 2-year leases on the Cabs in 07.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
You will need to be very lucky to find a stick shift 'vert in the first place, but then to find the exact colors and options you want also, you would need to beat some very long odds. If you do find such a car buy it quick you are not likely to see another one. In my experience there are usually around 10 or so CPO stick shift 'verts that are a year to 2 years old in the entire country. Take a look at the model finder on the BMW USA CPO web site. I ordered mine on ED. It was a great time and I got exactly what I wanted. You may want to go this route. Good Luck. N4S

·
N54
3,427 Posts
The other is a Plat Bronze/Cream with 30,000 miles at BMW of Ashville. It is equipped similarly they are asking 41,970. I would still try to offer 38 or 39k. Not sure about this color combo, though.
Sounds like an awful color combo IMHO and will most likely hurt you on resale

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Sounds like an awful color combo IMHO and will most likely hurt you on resale
No actually this was the showcase color for the e93s when they were introduced in the fall of 06. Pretty much every marketing piece was showcasing that color combo. I think a good percentage of every dealer's initial demo car was that combo. In fact, I'm thinking that this may be one of the original launch vehicles.

·
Registered
402 Posts
You just described my car. Make an offer :) It has 12k miles on it. Not sure what I'd replace it with, though...

A

·
Aviator
2,957 Posts
I was looking for a MT 335 cab to replace my '08 Porsche TT, but couldn't find one anywhere in the US with reasonable options - although there were lots of Steps. I ended up ordering exactly what I wanted and will pick up a 2010 335 vert in 3 weeks in München via the ED program. I paid close to what the 07/08 CPO verts were being offered for, but get a new car and Thanksgiving in Lindau. :thumbup:

·
Worlds Foremost Authority
15,956 Posts
The OP lives in Rochester, NY. Convertible season is over in upstate NY . I believe it was August 4th this year.:rofl:

CA

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
The OP lives in Rochester, NY. Convertible season is over in upstate NY . I believe it was August 4th this year.:rofl:
:rofl: good one, but the OP is smart. He's buying a Cab in low season, so he can try low-balling an offer. :p

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's the "one that got away"!

I called on this the day after I saw it - it sold in less than 24 hours. A certified 2007 cab with 21,000 miles for $32,880!!!! It was from BMW of Arlington I was so bummed...

2007 335 Convertible

Vehicle Information
VIN number: PX42555
Body style: Convertible
Mileage: 21,199
Exterior color: Montego Blue Metallic
Interior color: Black Dakota Leather
Transmission: Manual
Dealer's stock#: PX42555P
Price*: $32,880.00 Installed Options

•Cold Weather Package
•Premium Package
•Sport Package
•Comfort Access w/Comfort Load
•Brushed Aluminum trim

·
Registered
402 Posts
I want Montego and it needs to be CPO'd. The Perillo one is perfect except it is a rebranded lemon and is not eligible to be certified. The only one that comes close is the one from Sears BMW.
Well my car is Montego, but I'm afraid I can't CPO it :) I'm sure its eligible though- the only problem I've had is the glove box lock had to be replaced.

A

1 - 17 of 17 Posts