BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased an X5 E70 with Idrive and no nav. Is there a way to listen to bluetooth audio on this older system? Bluetooth paired up to my phone no problem and works great for calls but I would love to listen to my jams... any advice?

·
Footballer88
270 Posts
You have two options my friend:

1. Buy and aux to aux cable off eBay. Plug one end into the phone and the other into the aux input tube inside the arm rest.

2. But an aux to Bluetooth device off eBay. Pair it with your phone while plugged into the aux input of the car (look inside the arm rest).

I'm using the cable at the moment and have been due a long time. I just plug the phone into it and select AUX from the iDrive. It works. I haven't tried option 2 yet, but that device should arrive to my place sooner or later... Coming from China to Canada.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have two options my friend:

1. Buy and aux to aux cable off eBay. Plug one end into the phone and the other into the aux input tube inside the arm rest.

2. But an aux to Bluetooth device off eBay. Pair it with your phone while plugged into the aux input of the car (look inside the arm rest).

I'm using the cable at the moment and have been due a long time. I just plug the phone into it and select AUX from the iDrive. It works. I haven't tried option 2 yet, but that device should arrive to my place sooner or later... Coming from China to Canada.

Thanks footballer88,

I have used the aux cord option and it does work, its a little bit of a pain due to the waterproof case on my phone.. I will try the aux to bluetooth device idea though!

·
Footballer88
270 Posts
Sorry for spelling, wrote it using swipe function on my phone... If confused, I'll type it again correctly.

·
Footballer88
270 Posts
Yeah, I don't like cables either. I had a 2010 Dodge Nitro, and that not only had a usb drive, but it had a 10gig hard drive embedded in its NAV console. 2007 BMW has no usb drive although USBs have been in use since way before.. Lol

·
Registered
12,550 Posts
Just an FYI...Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP) wasn't available until 2010...that's why your 2010 Nitro had it but your 2007 BMW X5 does not. Its the same reason why a 2003 BMW didn't have Bluetooth telephony...but a 2005 BMW did. The technology was available in 2005 for BT telephony...but not in 2003. Bluetooth audio streaming wasn't available in 2007...it came to market in 2010. :)

·
Footballer88
270 Posts
The Nitro didn't have Bluetooth except for phone...I think. It has USB and a hard drive embedded into the NAV system. I could copy music or pics or movies from usb and cd into the hard drive. I think this tech was available in 07.. Right?

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you want to do the Bluetooth route, I'd recommend getting the Blackberry music gateway, I heard it works good.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Footballer88
270 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts