Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good sounding used exhaust system for my 2014 X5 50i. Vehicle is bone stock and I just want a bit more sound for a good price. I don’t want to tune the vehicle so I don’t want anything that may cause a check engine light. Please feel free to message me with anything you might have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1 Posts
There aren't too many aftermarket exhaust options for our car, especially not at a reasonable price.

I ended up cutting out the rear muffler and installing an x-pipe. Sounds incredible but I have gotten some low end torque loss so I'm in the market for a tune.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,461 Posts
There is not much energy pressure remaining after turbochargers have done their job. Maybe you***8217;d be happier with a NA Cummins.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update...

I originally had removed the muffler (suitcase) box and had it straight piped. Car sounded horrible and cheap and old.

The sound was loud and junky sounding.

I then decided to do an x-pipe ($35) and cut in two resonators ($30 each) the truck sounds amazing. Perfect pitch with a nice clean sound that even give off some pops here and there. Cost me $250 parts and labor and I don’t think it could sound better. Very practical and not obnoxious or junky sounding.

Also, what’s does it costs to tune a 2014 x5 50i? And who would you guys recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
70 Posts
My tune cost $1k. My guy here in Chicago did it for me. But $1k I think is ball park of what you're looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

1 - 8 of 8 Posts