BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides freezing our butts silly right now in Alaska, my husband and I want to order a 335i convertible for an ED in April. Even in Alaska, you need to live life with the top down (altho, probably NOT at -20.)

We are interested in working with a dealer who will go for the WHOLESALE price + reasonable com. Our local dealer is only willing to do a msrp on ED.

If you are interested in working with us, please respond with your email/#s so we can get going. We're pretty set on what we want/need in terms of features.

Thx....Laura

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Welcome to the fest. You might get more responses if you contact the board sponsors directly, or via private message (as opposed to email). Sponsors are listed at the top right of the main page. Connect to private message by clicking on it (below the welcome,alaskabliss at the top left of the page.)

I assume you've visted the Ed forum ? Connect to http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
Laura,
Sponsor dealers are not allow to make open bids on forum. In fact, bimmerfest agreement forbid anyone including sponsors from contacting you to solicit for a sale. You will need to pick the sponsor and initiate the contact. Not the otherway around.

I know of quite a few folks from Alaska over the years purchase their BMW from my Dealer, Jim Mannheirmer of BMW Of Salem

Jim Mannheimer
Delon BMW
660 Liberty Street NE
Salem, OR 97301

Main Phone: (503) 399-9541
Toll Free: (877) 266-0117
email: [email protected]

here is one example:;)

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191977&highlight=jim+salem+alaska

·
Registered
88 Posts
Jim Mannheimer to call

Jim Mannheimer
Delon BMW
660 Liberty Street NE
Salem, OR 97301

Main Phone: (503) 399-9541
Toll Free: (877) 266-0117
email: [email protected]

·
Vendor
7,262 Posts
Irv Robinson - [email protected] (www.edbmw.com).

I'm doing a long-distance ED with him right now (He's in Chicago, I'm in Pittsburgh) and it's been smooth as silk. He'll also deal on an invoice+ basis, just like you're looking for.

He's highly, highly recommended.
While I respect the rec, I can't imagine the logistical expense from IL to AK. It's significantly less costly for the OP to deal with Jim at Delon.

Chi to Pitt isn't that long distant.. I mean, it's doable within a day- what 7 hours drive? Heck, for an extra hour and a half, you might as well take PCD in SC.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'll second BeeWang's ED dealer (Jim Manheimer)...he was mine too. Very strait forward easy to work with and he will do ED Wholesale + resonal commission. He doesn't play games and is actually really knows his stuff. I would check him out. Congratz on getting ready to do an ED though...I think it's one of the best experiences anyone can have and by far THE BEST car buying experience.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
You should set up courtesy delivery with a local dealer in AK. It costs $500 more. This assumes that you do not want to drive the car from the lower 48 states to AK. It also allows you to order from any dealer in the US :) and get the best service.

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
You should set up courtesy delivery with a local dealer in AK. It costs $500 more. ...
BayAreaBMWFan... you are making it sound as if Courtesy Delivery is a standardized process that can be requested just by the asking.

Facts is, Courtesy Delivery, you are at the mercy of of the destination dealer and knowing that you are a local customer of his but purchased out of area do you really think he would agree to a Courtesy Delivery??!!:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts