BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
BaladePlata
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Bimmerfest family. I'm new on the site. Want to start by thanking everybody for the awesome information shared in the site. I have a 2008 550i hand me down vehicle from my brother. He has a couple of nice vehicles and I assume this one was his problem child and now it has become my problem child. New owner I guess, love the car but it does have some issues. First was a Transmission fluid leak that set me back 1,700.00 at the BMW dealership. They change the oil pan replaced the transmission fluid, replaced a thermostat, flushed coolant and filled with new coolant. Car was running great until 3 weeks later I got a coolant fluid level extremely low warning message. Took it back to the dealer and the found that the water pump was damaged. Quoted me for 1,190.00 to change the water pump, the O-ring seal and the coolant pipe. I did some research and found all the parts for 260.00 give or take a couple bucks. So, I quickly learned that the maintenance and labor on the vehicle will cost me an arm and a leg. I also have to change the Brake rotors and might as well change the pads as well. Parts for good pads and rotors any where from 250.00 to 350.00 depending on what I want to spend( I'm a Soldier not a rich guy). And then the tires. Yes about that time to replace the tires which could be another 650.00 or more depending on which tires I want to get. Then there is the issues of the white smoke every now and then, which when I asked my lovely brother, he let me know that I have to replace some valves that he never exchanged. So, yeah, in a nut shell, his problem child is now my problem child. With all this said(Ufff feels great to vent out), I wonder if somebody knows an Indie shop that is reliable and more affordable near the Fort Benning area in Columbus GA. I will appreciate any suggestions you may have and any information you may share. Thank you for your time and again, awesome forum, happy to be a part of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.