BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Experts,

Now that the 2017 x3 is out, I am wondering if there are any specials on 2016 x3?
IS 15% -20% off MSRP possible?
I got 13% off MSRP on my 535i.
This is for the wife to replace her mini van.
Any suggestions on a good place / price?

Thanks,

·
Registered
319 Posts
The 2016 X3 continues to sell well. Aside from iDrive 5.0, there are not many improvements on the 2017 X3 to distinguish it from the 2016. BMW has raised the invoice on the 2017 X3, which may give dealers an excuse to keep the 2017 negotiated price higher and less reason to offer deeper discounts on the 2016 X3 for the present. The 2016 offers an additional year of no cost maintenance with fewer exclusions which is a selling point that may reduce discounting. To date, BMW has not offered its dealers much in incentives to clear out the 2016 X3. All of these factors make it rare to find a new 2016 X3 for more than a couple thousand dollars under invoice.

In my opinion, it may be more important to get the X3 equipped the way you want it than to seek the largest possible discount. For example, the X3 28i has standard halogen headlamps. I would not consider the X3 unless it at least has Xenon headlamps. My wife insisted on getting her X3 equipped with lumbar support adjustments in the front seats for comfort, Driver Assistant and Driver Assistant Plus for safety and the Technology Package for convenience.

My wife ended up getting a 2016 X3 35i (which is equipped with Xenon headlights and HK surround sound standard) with x-Line, Premium, DA, DA+, Technology and Cold Weather Packages for less than a similarly equipped 2017 X3 28i. She is very happy with her new X3.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts