BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am planning to purchase a 5 series on ED. My questions are:

1. Does anyone know of a good dealer in Los Angeles, Orange County and surrounding area who is willing to do a good deal on ED?
2. I am still debating on whether to get a 525i or a 530i. Is the extra $4000 for 530i worthy if money is a concern?

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
ubisys said:
Hi,

I am planning to purchase a 5 series on ED. My questions are:

1. Does anyone know of a good dealer in Los Angeles, Orange County and surrounding area who is willing to do a good deal on ED?
2. I am still debating on whether to get a 525i or a 530i. Is the extra $4000 for 530i worthy if money is a concern?

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all.
You have PM...

Re 525 v 530, besides the more powerful engine, the 530 also include: Xenon lights and power adjustable lumbar support. If the Xenon lights are not important to you, I would suggest you simply consider springing (abt $1K) for the multi-contour seats and drive off into the sunset in your 525 with a little pocket change to spare. Let's us know what you decide and good luck to you.
P.S.: NAV is a must for ED. If you get NAV, read up on Real Time Traffic input to the NAV. You could be among the first to have this in USA!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Another PM sent your way.

I got a great deal from McKenna BMW. I've sent my dealers name your way. Highly recommended!

·
Registered
269 Posts
X550-ED and I are doing ED group buy... PM Sent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your help. Here is a roundup of my search so far:
Overall, from the list of dealers recommended from this board, I contacted (by phone and email) about 10 dealers. In contrary to some of the messages on this board, I find most dealers in LA/OC are pretty ED friendly. All of them except one gave me the deal almost all people will accept as a good deal. Only one gave me a quote (over the phone though cause he is out of the twon now) that is impossible to beat. I will find more next Monday once he is back to make sure it is a real deal.

I decide to go for the 525i jet balck with black interior, NAV, Premium, Parking Control, and a STICK SHIFT. The 525i is slower than 530i by 0.9 sec 0-60 at 7.3 sec, but still 1.4 sec faster than the Camry V6 I am driving now. So I think I will be satisfied by that. I will not be using the car commuting to work daily so I guess I can live with the stick shift.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm interested also

Can someone please PM me with some of the reccomended dealers on ED in So Cal?

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
ubisys said:
Thank you all for your help. Here is a roundup of my search so far:
Overall, from the list of dealers recommended from this board, I contacted (by phone and email) about 10 dealers. In contrary to some of the messages on this board, I find most dealers in LA/OC are pretty ED friendly. All of them except one gave me the deal almost all people will accept as a good deal. Only one gave me a quote (over the phone though cause he is out of the twon now) that is impossible to beat. I will find more next Monday once he is back to make sure it is a real deal.

I decide to go for the 525i jet balck with black interior, NAV, Premium, Parking Control, and a STICK SHIFT. The 525i is slower than 530i by 0.9 sec 0-60 at 7.3 sec, but still 1.4 sec faster than the Camry V6 I am driving now. So I think I will be satisfied by that. I will not be using the car commuting to work daily so I guess I can live with the stick shift.
Congratulation!
If you need one more name, let me know. I'm wery happy with my guy, $0 deposit - $XXXX over ED invoice price for 330i.

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
frink88 said:
Can someone please PM me with some of the reccomended dealers on ED in So Cal?

Much appreciated.
You have PM :thumbup:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I can tell you the name of the CA I am working with if you like, just send me a PM. He seems to have lots of experience on ED's and gave me what seems to be the standard low price deal for a e90 335i. Look at my thread about BMW loaner policy though. If at all possible you should try to buy from the closest dealership that you will use for service. What you can do is see if they will offer you a good deal and if so just do it, if not shop it around a bit them come back to them and see if they will match your best deal and tell them you really want to buy from them.

So far the best deal I have heard of is 800 over ED invoice and that was for a model that has been out for a bit like the one you are looking at. I am not saying there aren't better deals, but I am just trying to give you a reference range, maybe others can comment with their experience.

Good luck, Kevin

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'll take any recommendations for LA-area ED dealers as well. I was planning on going with South Bay BMW just because they're closest but I get a weird vibe from them. Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Center BMW in Sherman Oaks gets my vote. I did the blast a fax method to a dozen dealers in LA and OC area. Center BMW, Shelly BMW and Century West BMW all promptly replied and were interested. I chose Center as they provided me with all the cost and lease information without padding and ****e.

Avoid South Bay BMW as you will feel taken for a ride. They probably make too much money to be interested in $1K over invoice.

Avoid going to the dealer until you have an offer you like, and handle it all through a couple of faxes and email. It will save you time and frustration.

Of course test driving is another matter all together...

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
ED Dealer Recommendation

If you don't mind doing this via e-mail, snail mail, fax and phone I would recommend Continental Motors down in Oceanside. This dealership is "different" as in "family owned, small town, old style dealer" rather than a corporately owned conglomerate with fancy showrooms. BUT Ziggy is very knowledgeable about the ED process and a real nice guy as well. Finally, I found them to be the most competetive "out of the box" when I shopped the 20 or so SoCal dealers.

·
Registered
76 Posts
PMs sent to those asking for recommendations -- I am currently in the middle of ED Process and am VERY happy with the client adviser in that there was no negotiation needed (agreed to pricing on initial phone call), very familiar with all aspects of ED process.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am also interested doing an ED but for a lease for a 335i coupe and live in the so cal area. For people who have done an ED buy or lease in the so cal area, how much over invoice did you guys get for your car and from which dealer/dealership? Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
grinder82 said:
I am also interested doing an ED but for a lease for a 335i coupe and live in the so cal area. For people who have done an ED buy or lease in the so cal area, how much over invoice did you guys get for your car and from which dealer/dealership? Thanks a ton!
There is an "unwritten rule" on this forum that specific pricing is not discussed in public. The board sponsors (dealers) wouldn't appreciate that. However, most folks will happily give you the information you seek through PM. Just ask.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm also in the same boat and am seriously considering ED of a 328 E92. I live in San Diego and would love to find out which dealers gave good ED pricing for your car, especially E92s in the southern california area. Also, which dealers were ED "friendly" would be great as well. Recommendations on good salesmen is also appreciated!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Please PM me

I am also considering ED, I was going to go to South Bay BMW but saw this thread. Please PM me "ED friendly" dealers in LA area as well.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.