BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 bmw x5 4.4i, that needs valve seals replaced, but dealership is asking for an outrageous price, need a reliable and more cost effective mechanic

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey there! We've engineered the most effective way to replace the valve stem seals in the N62, N62TU and N63 motors. Although we are on the west coast, we do sell our products to many shops on the east coast. Most of the time, when shops are using our product, we are typically less than half of what the dealership will charge. Give Richard a call at 760.733.4084 and he can point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Hey there! We've engineered the most effective way to replace the valve stem seals in the N62, N62TU and N63 motors. Although we are on the west coast, we do sell our products to many shops on the east coast. Most of the time, when shops are using our product, we are typically less than half of what the dealership will charge. Give Richard a call at 760.733.4084 and he can point you in the right direction.
And you think that shops will pass savings to customers? LOL
Some may.

It appears to me that more and more engines of that type require valve seal change and some shops specialize in this but pricing seems to stay at around $2500 -2800.
If "smart" shop can do it for 1/2 - they will get tons of business...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And you think that shops will pass savings to customers? LOL
Some may.

It appears to me that more and more engines of that type require valve seal change and some shops specialize in this but pricing seems to stay at around $2500 -2800.
If "smart" shop can do it for 1/2 - they will get tons of business...
I'll be happy with 2500 price range not the 6000 the dealership was asking

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I'll be happy with 2500 price range not the 6000 the dealership was asking
Who in sane mind goes to the dealer for ANY service or repair after warranty?
They likely say engine needs to be removed for this job...

If you don't have trusted BMW indy, call independent BMW mechanics if they can do it.
Make sure you ask if they have done it before as there is a learning curve and tool required.
I called maybe 5 or 6 and got $2800 to $4k quotes. Selected $2800 after other (honest) mechanic recommended them and after chatting and understanding that they know exactly what's required and they have done many before.
"Honest" guy told me that he doesn't have tools so his quote would be higher and these who quote $4k most likely want to buy their tools and want you pay for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts