BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Sport and recently I have found myself looking at the new 2012 GTR and the new C6 Grand Sport. Also a few P-Cars. I have owned several C6s and a Z06 the Nissan is a beast but afterall it is still a Nissan, Had a 09 Carrera the wife hated it I was not too fond of it myself. Now I am thinking about the new 6 coming out with 400HP and gobs of torque. So I am leaning towards the new 6 or maybe a current M6? It is ashamed the current 6 doesn't have many choices to upgrade HP Without spending several thousands So you would be better off getting an M6.So my ? is should I try the new 6 series or get the current M6. Decisions.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I vote for the M6!!! I won't even bother pointing out the bath you will take dumping a 2010. Sounds like you are OK with that part of this...

The GTR is a rocket also, but the looks don't impress me that much. It looks too much like a Tiburon, or 350, or G35 for me.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
My vote goes to the M6. BMW puts everything the know into M's with very little compromises. Not a fan of the GT-R.

BMW tends to need at least one year of production to iron out various issues with each new model so I would wait on the new 650.

What didn't you like about the Carrera?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Carrera was a great car as far as fit and finish, But I had just came from my z06 and alot of seat time in a Viper. The P car seemed very weak no torque and power seemed weak? It did handle corners like a go cart but other than that just not for me. Maybe a GT2/3 ar a Turbo? I had an 09 Carrera S. After going out in my 650 today I have not driven it in 2 weeks I think I will add some exhaust maybe wheels/tires and keep it. This car drives and handles great. I need to stay away from Corvette/Viper and GTR forums erghhhh. What is the preferred exhaust system for power gains? Thanks.

My vote goes to the M6. BMW puts everything the know into M's with very little compromises. Not a fan of the GT-R.

BMW tends to need at least one year of production to iron out various issues with each new model so I would wait on the new 650.

What didn't you like about the Carrera?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Looks like you like torque. The non-turbo 911s have decent power but not much torque; you have to keep the revs up to make power. Sort of like a Honda NSX or S2K. The turbo or GT2 have gobs of torque.

I am a big fan of the Z06 and Vipers too. It's a cliche but there really is no replacement for displacement. (I dislike turbos)

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
Many, many cars view that thing from behind from what I know about the GTR. It's a great car. The GTR is not my taste and I echo Yorgi's comments regarding the M6. Having just come out of an M6 I can tell you that that's a car that doesn't leave you wanting for more if HP and torque are what you think you need. The M6 levels the playing field against the performers of a lot of brands; moreover, although I'm not sure about it taking the GTR, and I definitely wouldn't recommend going up against a Mustang Cobra, it wins hands-down in the looks and sexiness department!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
My vote is to go with the M6 instead of the new 650. Like others have said, you may want to give BMW some time to work out any potential issues with the new motor configuration. Plus the power, looks and handling is the total package you would get in the M6.

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
482 Posts
I would get the new 650i (2012 Hard top model of course) over any current M6.... I guess that's just me though. The New 6-series with the white leather interior is straight Sexy! I am also a HUGE Corvette and Viper fan and it was hard buying this car over either of those. Good Luck with your choice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts