Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working on a E24, 633csi with low power for a long time, I am very technical & very capable in trouble shooting, been doing it all my life. I cant solve this BMW problem, Looking for expert, Peter Newman. Thanks, Glen, Kansas City.

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,151 Posts
Peter hasn't logged on to Bimmerfest in nearly two years. You can try sending him a PM.

I suggest you join Bigcoupe.com That's a very active and helpful website that's exclusively E24 content.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found Peter Newman

Thank you for your reply, I was able to find Peter Newman who is in England. He is a very nice fellow. My email chats with him, were as if I have known him for a long time. I now count him as one of my friends. My fix for my low power starting out.( give it gas and would hardly pull up small grade) 1984 633csi was to ground the black wire ( Gray connector) on flywheel sensor called the reference sensor( I think you could also call it the TDC sensor). this engine responded as if it would not advance far enough when accelerating. The diagrams on this Motronic Basic does not show this black wire to ground. It goes strait to Motronic pin 26. I plan to reseach this to find out why the car runs great now that I have ground this wire. Anyone who has answer I would sure like to know. Glen, Kansas City.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts