BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just joined the site looking for some quick feedback on issue with my rims. Searched around did not find anything relate.

Own a 2012 335i convertible and my wheels have quite a bit of curb rash. Rims are true and no issues but look very tired. They are 19"s and appear to be the ones on 335is.

Got quotes to refinish them and the job seems to cost anywhere from $600-$800. Do I refinish them and stick with stock color or opt for the new Pewter/Blue color that is being offered on the new cars?

Also brake calipers have some rust so not sure if just to paint them Black or Blue or Red.

Thoughts and/or pics would be great...

Also, I am in south florida (Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Boca) are so any local shop referrals would be appreciated as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
I painted my calipers silver. The wheels are personal preference but I do like to look of the BMW 19" 230 wheel. There is a company on EBAY (losangeleswacps) that you can by them (set) already reconditioned for $500 and use your sensors and inserts

·
Hat's On, Tops Down!
1,391 Posts
Those are the 313 wheels from the IS. Mine had a little rash on them when I got my car. The Wheel Girls in Tallahassee fixed them up good as new.

http://www.awrswheelrepair.com/

Here is the link, they have a drop down location's page you can choose your local rep there. They repair two sets for me, 1 on my old 2004 Z4 and now my IS. Price was very reasonable when you compare cost of a new wheel.

Cheers

·
Lost but making good time
'11 335xi; '03 330Ci
5,650 Posts
Also brake calipers have some rust so not sure if just to paint them Black or Blue or Red.
There is no rust on your calipers. There is some rust on the pad retaining clip (anti-rattle spring) which you can easily remove, refinish and reinstall.

BMW calipers have a passivated finish nowadays that won't corrode for many years, even through briny Northeastern winters, provided you never scrub the caliper with anything abrasive like a wire brush.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback, I reached out to AWRS wheel repair and they have local presence in Broward county. I will need to schedule this through my BMW dealer.

Need to now decide if I stick with stock (silver with darker tone on the inside), hyper silver all the way around or try the new Gunmetal/Blue color that is being offered on the new models.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see what you mean on the rust on brake calipers. I will just have the retaining clip pad refinished. Was not really keen on painting the calipers considering they are not BBK.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have searched all over and cannot find this info. Does anyone know the color or paint code for the Bluish/Gray wheels that are being offered on the 2016 models. All I see online is Ferric Gray but this is pure Gray and I have seen wheels that have more of a Bluish color and they are shinier than Ferric Gray which is flat/matte finish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts