Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody happen to have any pics of SG with Huper Optik tint? If so please post...Thanks..
 

·
detour in Ingolstadt
Joined
·
3,180 Posts
Mc Bimmer said:
Anybody happen to have any pics of SG with Huper Optik tint? If so please post...Thanks..
It's not SG, but here is a link to a thread I posted with Huper Optik on TiAg.

This is the best tint on the market and you will not regret getting it. I refer to all lesser tints as "ghetto tint" because I expect to see it in the hood - not on an e90. Your Huper Optik will have many different "faces" depending on what angle you look at it, the lighting and whether it's raining. Look at it dead on (like a police officer would) and you can see straight through. Walk 5 feet past the car and you see nothing. With over head lights (like in a tunnel or an airport) it looks like mirror tint. Really cool all around.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119840
 

·
Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
Joined
·
6,335 Posts
westwest888 said:
It's not SG, but here is a link to a thread I posted with Huper Optik on TiAg.

This is the best tint on the market and you will not regret getting it. I refer to all lesser tints as "ghetto tint" because I expect to see it in the hood - not on an e90. Your Huper Optik will have many different "faces" depending on what angle you look at it, the lighting and whether it's raining. Look at it dead on (like a police officer would) and you can see straight through. Walk 5 feet past the car and you see nothing. With over head lights (like in a tunnel or an airport) it looks like mirror tint. Really cool all around.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119840
:stupid:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,138 Posts
westwest888 said:
It's not SG, but here is a link to a thread I posted with Huper Optik on TiAg.

This is the best tint on the market and you will not regret getting it. I refer to all lesser tints as "ghetto tint" because I expect to see it in the hood - not on an e90. Your Huper Optik will have many different "faces" depending on what angle you look at it, the lighting and whether it's raining. Look at it dead on (like a police officer would) and you can see straight through. Walk 5 feet past the car and you see nothing. With over head lights (like in a tunnel or an airport) it looks like mirror tint. Really cool all around.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119840
I looked at your other thread, but didn't see a cost? How much did you pay? I'm a huge tint guy, and have only had llumar tint on all my cars, and currently have 20% on my ML55, and 5% on my 540iA. I'm very interested to see the difference, because I too have a silver car, and think that Huper Oktik tint would compliment my vehicle better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
wwb4 said:
I looked at your other thread, but didn't see a cost? How much did you pay? I'm a huge tint guy, and have only had llumar tint on all my cars, and currently have 20% on my ML55, and 5% on my 540iA. I'm very interested to see the difference, because I too have a silver car, and think that Huper Oktik tint would compliment my vehicle better.

The HO is about heat reduction , not about a look . In an area like TX that can have 3-4 months over 100+ temps makes a big difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,138 Posts
SilverTE90 said:
The HO is about heat reduction , not about a look . In an area like TX that can have 3-4 months over 100+ temps makes a big difference.
When I said "compliment", I was referring to HO's look in "addition" to it's function of reducing heat in the interior of my vehicle. I wouldn't just change the tint on my vehicle(s), just because it "looks" better.
 

·
Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
Joined
·
6,335 Posts
Huper Optik is not made in extremely low VLT. The lowest is 34% VLT found in Huper Optik 30.

HO will go in the $400-$500 range installed.

Edit: Though my car is not SG you can see my pictures posted in this thread and see where the tint (HO 30) looks close to limo tint and at other times it looks much lighter.
 

·
detour in Ingolstadt
Joined
·
3,180 Posts
wwb4 said:
I looked at your other thread, but didn't see a cost? How much did you pay? I'm a huge tint guy, and have only had llumar tint on all my cars, and currently have 20% on my ML55, and 5% on my 540iA. I'm very interested to see the difference, because I too have a silver car, and think that Huper Oktik tint would compliment my vehicle better.
I could only find one HO installer in the Mid Atlantic area. He came down from Maryland and did it in my garage. He knows he's the only game in town so he's expensive. Expect to pay $600. I asked him why he charges so much and he said it's because the film is more difficult to work with, tripling the amount of time it takes to install properly. He did not get a tip because I'm assuming he built it right into that price.

I would recommend him as he's been doing it for close to 20 years and it came out fantastic on my car - Too Intense Window Tinting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Sounds like great tint. Would like to investigate it some more. Wonder if anyone has a contact number for a place that deals with it in SE Michigan?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Check out Pennacle Ceramic Tint. I personally liked what I read about Pennacle better than Huper. Both are pretty pricey though. I went with the Pennacle 20% on our 06 330.


Marc
 

·
Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
Joined
·
6,335 Posts
marcg said:
Check out Pennacle Ceramic Tint. I personally liked what I read about Pennacle better than Huper. Both are pretty pricey though. I went with the Pennacle 20% on our 06 330.


Marc
Pinnacle is part of the Formula One film line made by CPFilms which also makes the Llumar line of films. Here in Houston HO Ceramic and Pinnacle films go for the same price.

Can you share what exactly you read about Pinnacle that makes it better that Huper Optik Ceramic?:dunno:

From looking at the specs for both products it appears that HO has a higher heat (Infrared) rejection for the same VLT.

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 bgColor=#000066 border=0>*******>*******>*******>*******><TR class=smalltext vAlign=center align=left><TD noWrap bgColor=#ae0000>Product</TD><TD noWrap align=middle>UV Protection </TD><TD noWrap align=middle>Heat Rejection</TD><TD noWrap align=middle>Glare Reduction </TD></TR><TR class=smalltext vAlign=center align=left bgColor=#ffffff><TD noWrap bgColor=#f1f1f1>Pinnacle 50 </TD><TD noWrap align=middle>99.5%</TD><TD noWrap align=middle>49%</TD><TD noWrap align=middle>44%</TD></TR><TR class=smalltext vAlign=center align=left bgColor=#ffffff><TD noWrap bgColor=#f1f1f1>Pinnacle 35 </TD><TD noWrap align=middle>99.5%</TD><TD noWrap align=middle>52%</TD><TD noWrap align=middle>60%</TD></TR><TR class=smalltext vAlign=center align=left bgColor=#ffffff><TD noWrap bgColor=#f1f1f1>Pinnacle 15 </TD><TD noWrap align=middle>99.5%</TD><TD noWrap align=middle>58%</TD><TD noWrap align=middle>81%</TD></TR>********>********>********>********></TABLE>


Ceramic Series Performance Chart
<TABLE borderColor=black cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 bgColor=white border=1>*******>*******>*******>*******><TR><TD></TD><TD>
Total Solar
Energy Rejected









</TD><TD>
Infra-Red
Rejection









</TD><TD>
Ultra-Violet
Light Rejection









</TD><TD>
Visible Light
Transmission









</TD></TR><TR><TD>
Ceramic 30






</TD><TD>
61%






</TD><TD>
85%






</TD><TD>
>99%






</TD><TD>
34%






</TD></TR><TR><TD>
Ceramic 40






</TD><TD>
55%






</TD><TD>
80%






</TD><TD>
>99%






</TD><TD>
42%






</TD></TR><TR><TD>
Ceramic 50






</TD><TD>
49%






</TD><TD>
68%






</TD><TD>
>99%






</TD><TD>
50%






</TD></TR><TR><TD>
Ceramic 60






</TD><TD>
42%






</TD><TD>
60%






</TD><TD>
>99%






</TD><TD>
58%






</TD></TR>********>********>********>********></TABLE>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
I just emailed a local "tinter" around where i live (southern connecticut) about getting the Huper Optik 30 installed on my car, and if he carried it. Here is what he said...

yes we do carry it. It is very expensive. to tint a 3 series BMW is $499.95
plus sales tax. With solar guard film it is $179.95 plus tax. Please give us
a call to schedule an appointment. Thanks
How do you think the Solar Guard Film compares to the Huper? do you think that it is a good price?
 

·
Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
Joined
·
6,335 Posts
adamlaz said:
I just emailed a local "tinter" around where i live (southern connecticut) about getting the Huper Optik 30 installed on my car, and if he carried it. Here is what he said...



How do you think the Solar Guard Film compares to the Huper? do you think that it is a good price?
The majority of people here on BF have paid between $400 and $500, except in CA where it goes closer to $300.

When looking at film you should not only look at the manufacturer but also the line of film being offered which vary widely in price and performance. Solar Gard carries 2 lines of film. The non-metallic film they sell only carries a 5 year warranty. The selling point for HO is their high heat rejection, no other film comes close.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
how much would something like that cost, for it to be installed by the dealer.
 

·
Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
Joined
·
6,335 Posts
adamlaz said:
how much would something like that cost, for it to be installed by the dealer.
There is no such thing as OEM or BMW approved tint so why would you want the dealer to install it. He will sub out the job and mark it up to charge you more. You also have no control what is being installed.

Your best best is to do a search on tint here on BF and you will find plenty of info that should help select the film you want installed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
The dealer put some scratches on my hood while installing the clear bra so he owed me one. I got the tint installed for $150.00 under the table and he went 20% all around for me which is darker than legal here. I am happy with it.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top