BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am a new comer here and hopefully i wud ve a 550i soon. I have found one in my budget which i quite like but the problem is it has done 110ks KMs(its 2006 model) with only 3 services on the book done at 30k, 53k and 83k. Since I never owned one I was hoping for some advice by you guys to tell me is it normal for 5 series car to be serviced like this. I find it wierd that the car has only been serviced 3 times in 5 years. Am I right in thinking that its not a good idea at all to consider this car?

Please advise.

Cheers,
Saqib

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am a new comer here and hopefully i wud ve a 550i soon. I have found one in my budget which i quite like but the problem is it has done 110ks KMs(its 2006 model) with only 3 services on the book done at 30k, 53k and 83k. Since I never owned one I was hoping for some advice by you guys to tell me is it normal for 5 series car to be serviced like this. I find it wierd that the car has only been serviced 3 times in 5 years. Am I right in thinking that its not a good idea at all to consider this car?

Please advise.

Cheers,
Saqib
I believe that's not out of the ordinary, here in the US service interval is 15000 miles so in KM that could be around 30000Km. My advice is take it to good BMW mechanic to get thorough inspections, usually for $200-$300 or so fee.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply man but there is one more thing... the last service was done on it 24months back. Is that normal too? I will definitely have it checked before buying for sure. Cheers....

·
Registered
117 Posts
I almost bout an 07 528i with 105k miles. I was just undecided between that and an 05 530i with 72k miles on it. So I ended up getting it the 05 530i because it had less miles etc.. The next customer that came in looked the same 07 528i did not buy that car because of its service history. On its record it showed the car hasn't been serviced since 50k miles.
Please note that just because the service of the does not show up on the history report does mean the car has been service. The car could have been to jiffy lube or Grandpa's backyard auto shop or a mechanic that has an auto shop that strictly work on BMW. If the car been to places like that its not reported.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.