BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this question is for those who bought control arms off ebay (please dont post ebay this ebay that BS), am getting clunks, car sometimes pull left or right, it just doesnt tight all the time, (changed sway bar links), my car is a 01 330I with 135k km apx 84k mi on it. i dont remember the previous owner saying anything about changing anything suspension related..

so if bought your suspension off ebay, from what seller and how are they holding up, i have know problem buying aftermarket, am just doing some homework first.

thanks

·
Registered
414 Posts
this question is for those who bought control arms off ebay (please dont post ebay this ebay that BS), am getting clunks, car sometimes pull left or right, it just doesnt tight all the time, (changed sway bar links), my car is a 01 330I with 135k km apx 84k mi on it. i dont remember the previous owner saying anything about changing anything suspension related..

so if bought your suspension off ebay, from what seller and how are they holding up, i have know problem buying aftermarket, am just doing some homework first.

thanks
I happened to buy many things from e-bay, like for my 01 330i, a set of control arms, Meyle HD complete with bushing. About 3 weeks ago, a full of set Bilstein HD for $557.00 delivered. I installed the rears with Rogue Engineering kit. Yesterday, I installed the driver's side and hopefully next week the last strut. Search around and many will tell you that these are one of the best in the auto industry. And I am definitely happy with these high quality from ebay. I do not know what control arms you bought from ebay but this is a forum I believe is designed to help one another from good or bad experience (quality of parts, etc.), technical stuff and have some fun. It would not be fair for sellers or buyers for you to just say "please dont ebay this ebay that BS".

You also started your sentence with "this question is for those who bought control arms off ebay (please dont ebay this ebay that BS)..........what is your question?

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,960 Posts
I think FCP Groton sells them on ebay. I have had good luck from them, but I bought control arms from OEM Bimmer Parts. They have great deals on the best stuff.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I think FCP Groton sells them on ebay. I have had good luck from them, but I bought control arms from OEM Bimmer Parts. They have great deals on the best stuff.
You are right, although I used ebay, the control arms actually was sold by oembimmerparts from San Antonio, TX. I believe since then, the price has gone down a bit more. I now buy some of my parts directly from them.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I happened to buy many things from e-bay, like for my 01 330i, a set of control arms, Meyle HD complete with bushing. About 3 weeks ago, a full of set Bilstein HD for $557.00 delivered. I installed the rears with Rogue Engineering kit. Yesterday, I installed the driver's side and hopefully next week the last strut. Search around and many will tell you that these are one of the best in the auto industry. And I am definitely happy with these high quality from ebay. I do not know what control arms you bought from ebay but this is a forum I believe is designed to help one another from good or bad experience (quality of parts, etc.), technical stuff and have some fun. It would not be fair for sellers or buyers for you to just say "please dont ebay this ebay that BS".

You also started your sentence with "this question is for those who bought control arms off ebay (please dont ebay this ebay that BS)..........what is your question?
you completely missed the point, what meant if asked before writing book, i did not want any negative response about buying from ebay, if you did not get that from what i wrote sorry but dont, do not talk down to me if you misunderstood what i wrote.

am not sure if smolck is a mind reader but he answered the question without being a dic, am not trying to be rude but was your reply called for, i dont think so. i just want to know if you bought suspension off ebay, who (seller) are the parts holding up,. if you dont want to help me fine.

thanks

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, i've been looking at FCP for some time now, am also looking at DNA motoring, DNA pricing seems low for control arm and bushing, i was hoping someone dealt with them, any feedback will be great.

thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts