1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to order a new
2017 X5 40e
Located in California but could travel for the right deal
Looking to purchase or lease(if federal tax credit still applies)

Any board sponsors have a deal? Or any board members have any advice on what numbers to shoot for as a good deal?
THanks

228 Posts
Looking to order a new
2017 X5 40e

Any board sponsors have a deal? Or any board members have any advice on what numbers to shoot for as a good deal?
THanks
Since you're in CA, reach out Greg at Pacific if you haven't done so already

·
Serial Leasee
843 Posts
Looking to order a new
2017 X5 40e

THanks
E-mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
150 Posts
Have been looking for about a month now. Basicly all 2016s are gone, there are some cars scattered around, but most seem like ghost cars.... There are some space greys that dont have backup camera that are in NY so no MSDs, but can be had for about 680-700 with camera installed already.

The 2017 for me at least in NY with 7 MSDs with a NJ 2017 car with $70,395 is at $750/month with just $5250 MSDs out of pocket at signing. A lot has to do with current rebates, they are about 1.5 grand better for 2016 and there is no corp discount for 17 (I`m not 100% about this).

·
Registered
956 Posts
I think the residual numbers will get better in Nov/Dec. I suspect that the lease credits will be the same ~$4k for 4.0e.

·
Registered
956 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
So I think today I will be ordering a 17, the dealer explained to me that if I order in October, I can lease it under current program, but if it comes in Nov/Dec then I can get it under that month's program(which I`m hoping will be better). Just cant seemed to find any available 16 around here...

·
Registered
956 Posts
Yup, that's my strategy as well. However, last year the best incentives on the X5 were in Jan/Feb.

So, I'm going to order mine in late Nov, so I can have either Nov (which is historically the same as Dec) or Jan, which might be better than Nov/Dec.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yup, that's my strategy as well. However, last year the best incentives on the X5 were in Jan/Feb.

So, I'm going to order mine in late Nov, so I can have either Nov (which is historically the same as Dec) or Jan, which might be better than Nov/Dec.
I can probably wait that long, but I dont know if I want too... How much better do you expect it to be in Jan vs Nov/Dec ?

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
I can probably wait that long, but I dont know if I want too... How much better do you expect it to be in Jan vs Nov/Dec ?
Couple points..

1. Any guess by anyone here what incentives will be in nov - feb is just that.. a guess. I dont recommend you make financial PLANS based on anything that MIGHT be happening. In general, incentives are better nov and dec, but I got my wifes X5 in january and got the following incentives : 1500 option credit, 1500 "winter bonus" credit, 1k loyalty credit, and 1k corporate discount... in addition to paying basically invoice for the car (before those incentives)

The residual was somewhat low however when I leased, so there is that.

2. If you order now, you will lock in whatever is in play now THAT IS LOCKABLE... not everything is always lockable. MF and Residual are lockable, but option credits etc may or may not be. Additionally, its not "now, or november, or december". Its now, or whatever is in play when your car comes in.

If your car comes in December, you would have a choice between now december. Whatever happens in November would not be in play, unless you took the effort to figure it out and cancel your lock from now, and re ordered.

Also, just to close the loop on this, its the entire package, you cant mix and match. its either the entire deal with residual, MF and any LOCKABLE option credits etc now, or same thing when you pick up your car. Sometimes the option credit might get bigger but the residual goes down, for example.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Couple points..

1. Any guess by anyone here what incentives will be in nov - feb is just that.. a guess. I dont recommend you make financial PLANS based on anything that MIGHT be happening. In general, incentives are better nov and dec, but I got my wifes X5 in january and got the following incentives : 1500 option credit, 1500 "winter bonus" credit, 1k loyalty credit, and 1k corporate discount... in addition to paying basically invoice for the car.

The residual was somewhat low however when I leased, so there is that.

2. If you order now, you will lock in whatever is in play now THAT IS LOCKABLE... not everything is always lockable. MF and Residual are lockable, but option credits etc may or may not be. Additionally, its not "now, or november, or december". Its now, or whatever is in play when your car comes in.

If your car comes in December, you would have a choice between now december. Whatever happens in November would not be in play, unless you took the effort to figure it out and cancel your lock from now, and re ordered.

Also, just to close the loop on this, its the entire package, you cant mix and match. its either the entire deal with residual, MF and any LOCKABLE option credits etc now, or same thing when you pick up your car. Sometimes the option credit might get bigger but the residual goes down, for example.
I kind of tought this was self explanatory....

Just for the "lockable", I was explained that if you order now whateven price you are quoted thats what you get when it comes in no matter what month, but you do have an option to redo the deal based on the months program. Is that wrong ? Are you saying they wont honor the lease price when the car comes in ?

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
I kind of tought this was self explanatory....

Just for the "lockable", I was explained that if you order now whateven price you are quoted thats what you get when it comes in no matter what month, but you do have an option to redo the deal based on the months program. Is that wrong ? Are you saying they wont honor the lease price when the car comes in ?
No thats not what I am saying (unless the price includes credits which are not lockable...).

These are questions you should ask your client advisor (" does this price include any non lockable credits?").

As for whether its self explanatory or not, lots of people get confused by the "you get to choose the month" thing. Your previous statement said if you ordered now, you got to choose between now, nov and december, and thats not exactly accurate, so I was trying to make sure you were aware so that you dont have the wrong expectations.

Sounds like you are on top of it though :thumbup:

·
Registered
150 Posts
No thats not what I am saying (unless the price includes credits which are not lockable...).

These are questions you should ask your client advisor (" does this price include any non lockable credits?").

As for whether its self explanatory or not, lots of people get confused by the "you get to choose the month" thing. Your previous statement said if you ordered now, you got to choose between now, nov and december, and thats not exactly accurate, so I was trying to make sure you were aware so that you dont have the wrong expectations.

Sounds like you are on top of it though :thumbup:
I meant it as Nov or Dec depending on the month it comes in.

But please tell me more about lockable credits ? What credits are those ?

Basicly my sales person is telling me if I order now my price is $750/month 36/10 with just $5250 in MSDs. This includes corp, loyalty and current insensitives. When the car comes in, depending on the program I can recalculate this based on that month and see which is better. What credits would not be included and how would that change the price ?

Thanks for letting me know about this, because car sales people love to play games.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I agree with you, that's why I'm suggesting ordering in Nov. That way you can lock Nov and take delivery in Jan.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I agree with you, that's why I'm suggesting ordering in Nov. That way you can lock Nov and take delivery in Jan.
The issue with that is that Nov could be worse or could be better.

I also have few more things to consider, I need to do lease end inspection that is only valid for 60 days. Im showing service due in like 200 miles which I really dont want to go and do. Its all minor stuff, but Im still on the fence about ordering now or in Nov(besides I think need to wait few days in Nov before can order so program is showen)

·
Drink the koolaid or else
2,691 Posts
also don't forget it's 90 days lockable on the west coast. but to lock you need to put in a financial services application. get a complete breakdown of all numbers from your dealer. $750/month means nothing without all of the figures.

·
Registered
150 Posts
also don't forget it's 90 days lockable on the west coast. but to lock you need to put in a financial services application. get a complete breakdown of all numbers from your dealer. $750/month means nothing without all of the figures.
It might not mean nothing and of course I`ll get numbers, but at the end this MSRP car for 750/month is the number needed, nothing else really matters...

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
I meant it as Nov or Dec depending on the month it comes in.

But please tell me more about lockable credits ? What credits are those ?

Basicly my sales person is telling me if I order now my price is $750/month 36/10 with just $5250 in MSDs. This includes corp, loyalty and current insensitives. When the car comes in, depending on the program I can recalculate this based on that month and see which is better. What credits would not be included and how would that change the price ?

Thanks for letting me know about this, because car sales people love to play games.
Some credits are lockable, and some are not. I am talking about credits that apply to the CAR (like option credits as an example) vs credits that apply to YOU (like loyalty credits and corporate incentives).

There is no hard and fast rule on what is lockable and what is not. A competent CA will tell you (especially if you ask). Michael from Seattle told us in a post a while back that he had to build a book for himself about what is and is not lockable.

In general, a non lockable incentive looks like "Must take delivery by XXXX date", but that is normally in the fine print, and even when you comb the fine print it can be hard to decipher.

ESPECIALLY since you want to shop on the payment of $750 vs the entire deal (your perogative of course), you will want to know if any of the incentives they are using to meet that deal are NOT lockable right now.

For example, the fine print on the current X540e offer for 2017s says the following:

======================================

Qualified rate lock applicants must take delivery within 60 days of initial lock. $3,000 Lease Credit is a credit against the MSRP on the lease of a X5 xDrive40e iPerformance. $1,000 Option Allowance available on BMW X5 xDrive40e iPerformance models. All Credits valid through October 31, 2016.
======================================

So, what does that mean, exactly? Does it mean that this offer can be rate locked for 60 days (90 on the west coast as it appears from the first bolded sentence? (this is what I think, but I am not a CA). Or, does it mean that the offer is only valid through October 31?

Its always best to lean on your CA for these types of questions, and make sure you have your eyes open for them. There is a reason most of these offers say "see your dealer for details", and there is a reason you want a competent CA... to make sure that you dont have a "misunderstanding" about things like this that could change the price of your ordered car.

For the X540e, based on the verbiage above from the fine print, it appears the credits are lockable, but I sure would want verification on a credit that large so that I did not have a nasty surprise when it came in.

Thats why I recommended you ask them "does your offer to me include any credits that are NOT lockable?"

1 - 20 of 42 Posts