BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am looking at replacing my 2015 X3 with a 2017. It lists for $48,995.00 and the dealer will sell it me me for $46,759.00. Is this a good price and how do I figure the dealer cost. I went on Edmonds and it tells be the cost is $46,250.00. Not sure how close that is to what the dealer pays.

Also looked at a 2017 Q5 with as close to the same options. List is $47,975.00 and my cost is $44,362.00. I like the look of the Q5 more then the X3, plus it has a spare tire. Can not get a heater steering wheel or rear seats. Has anyone looked at the Q5 and what do you think about it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
We just got rid of our Q5, had it 3 years. Audi was great during the purchase but although we had them include warranty/service for 3yrs in the deal, they made every excuse not to cover anything. Went to another dealership, same thing. We have had 4 BMW's, they stand by their product. Audi was terrible.
I am sure some have had good experiences but when we had a terrible smell while running the air with less than 20K miles they found mold in the unit. It was a fight to get that covered. I then found it is a running problem by reading all about the problem online. The dealer told me to plan on having that serviced every year nearly $400 for the "smell" issue.
We had such a terrible time with them, just got rid of the car. Bought an X5

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hello

I am looking at replacing my 2015 X3 with a 2017. It lists for $48,995.00 and the dealer will sell it me me for $46,759.00. Is this a good price and how do I figure the dealer cost. I went on Edmonds and it tells be the cost is $46,250.00. Not sure how close that is to what the dealer pays.

Also looked at a 2017 Q5 with as close to the same options. List is $47,975.00 and my cost is $44,362.00. I like the look of the Q5 more then the X3, plus it has a spare tire. Can not get a heater steering wheel or rear seats. Has anyone looked at the Q5 and what do you think about it.
In my experience edmunds gives the "clean" invoice (no MACO and training fees). Some say that the dealers always pay those, I don't know. At any rate your quote is pretty close to the invoice. The issue is, I don't know how good this is anymore, because apparently (there were some threads on 3 series and ask a dealer forum) bmw tweaked things around, and nowadays the gap between the invoice and msrp is smaller than it used to be (due to increases in the invoice). So the dealers get relatively more now on the back end when some objectives are met. You might want to post on the other forums.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts