BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 E83 with 6 speed manual. It’s Crimson Red with Gray interior. 155,000 miles. New set of 4 all season Hankooks 3,000 miles ago

It’s fully loaded with rear headrests Dvd entertainment as well. Recent maintenance and it great mechanical condition as I am a car nerd and up to date maintenance.

WE78407 for checking out standard equipment.

Need some price guidance as I am seeing too much variance between private party, trade in and enthusiast forums and portals carsandbids etc.

·
where da clutch at ?
2020 BMW 230i
3,942 Posts
cars only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
kbb guestimates around $6-8k Canadian

·
Anti-Hack
7,357 Posts
Considering this POS seems to have sold at presumably close to its asking price, yours should pull double that, easily. A quick scan of my local CL shows M54B25 automatic cars with cosmetic damage and full of dash lights listed from $5000-7500.

If you are a BMW CCA member, consider placing an ad in Roundel, as you'll be able to target those who specifically want it: enthusiasts. Someone who just wants to pretend to be a baller on a budget yet can't even afford the insurance will lowball you.

·
where da clutch at ?
2020 BMW 230i
3,942 Posts

·
where da clutch at ?
2020 BMW 230i
3,942 Posts
see
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Motor vehicle

·
Anti-Hack
7,357 Posts
not for a 15 year old car uh-uh, that's just dreaming, I can pickup a 2010 x3, AWD for 10
The Canadian used car market may be different than the US right now. My Chevy dealer offered me $10k MORE on TRADE IN than I’d bought the truck for from them… 3 years and 30k miles ago. $10k may be high but $5k is a crackhead low-ball offer. If I was in the market for one, I’d offer $6500 cash right now without even seeing it, but ready to pay $8k. The N52-6 speed is the allure here.

Via the interwebs

·
where da clutch at ?
2020 BMW 230i
3,942 Posts
detail for sure will increase it's value, make sure it is a PROPER detail, it won't increase on an auction but will do at a trade-in or private

Thanks guys, for your inputs. I will get the car detailed and plan to list in 2 weeks. The online auctions with no reserve may be the way to go and yes let the market decide what it’s worth.

·
where da clutch at ?
2020 BMW 230i
3,942 Posts
it is a combination of things , including what is out there, if you can buy a NEWER car for the same as a 2007 why would you ? 2010's not just one, but several are in the 10k range, kbb is usually pretty accurate on private sales and dealer sales, market will decide, sometimes it's hard for us to conceded we CANT sell our car's for what it's worth.
I had to tradein my car for around 3-4k less than KBB even gave as a trade in, and private was in the 15's-20's. It's a hard swallow but it is life.

Put it up for 10 see if it sells, chances it wont, then you will know, people buying cars do there research, why would they buy a used out 2007 when they can get a newer one ?
for same,

Of COURSE some people dont do there research, this is not the car where people are raring to buy as a collector and willing to pay whatever, it's just an x3 and there 10 a penny.

Sorry if that hurts, but, that's life

Auction can be hit or miss, do put a reserve on it though.

like my original reply said 6-8k TOPS

Reactions: bmwx3e83

·
Registered
206 Posts
Manual e83 x3s are cool, but for my daily I much prefer the auto slushbox. Lots of stop and go traffic for me. Although manuals were a much rarer option there are still many of them around. A 5 minute search produced 4 results around me. 3 lci and 1 pre lci.
this one has slightly lower miles, unsure of the red, black interior and nice heated steering wheel
Войдите на Facebook

I think 10k could be a stretch. The ones I saw were closer to the 6k mark. Condition and maintenance is everything so factor that in of course in you decision. Good luck with sale!

·
Anti-Hack
7,357 Posts
Some folks, like me, will gladly pay more to NOT have a turbo or electronic gadgets, Touch screens, etc. that newer cars have. I wouldn’t drive an F25 even if gifted one, and have zero use for turbo-gasoline engines. New cars are fetching $5-10k over sticker so the used car market is inflated as well. This past Fall, I sold my wife’s ‘11 2.5 auto Jetta with 125k miles within 3 hours of listing it, for $3k more than its KBB private sale valuation from 2 years ago and 30k miles younger.

It’ll pull some money on BAT; if anyone thinks less than $8k, you haven’t been paying attention. Gotta remember the current market optics.

Exhibit A:

Via the interwebs

·
Registered
209 Posts
Food for thought. This one had 148,700
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

The drivers carpet looks gross to me but overall I would say it's in pretty good shape but shows you that site likes the stuff that isn't perfect but is rare/fun.

I wish the Aux thingy on my 07 looked like this:
Vehicle Personal luxury car Family car Fixture Motor vehicle

My 6 y/o tears my little pop out one to bits every other car ride.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Good price! Sport model probably commands a few extra bucks. No doubt the manual SUV's are going up in price and no manufacturer is making them anymore. Cayennes, first gen X5 and X3's with manuals are starting to creep up. Still there are manual X3's to be had a at reasonable prices from what I can see. I think if you have a low mileage one, i'd hold onto as the peak is yet to come. If anyone has a Montego Blue Msport, with Terra cotta interior and Manual please hit me up! Have my eye out for one of those....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts