BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 14 month old 330Ci the fabric trim around the inside of the door window seal is coming loose (both pass and drivers side). Anyone have an idea af what glue / epoxy would work to attach the trim back to the seal? The fabric is attached to a rubber molding which is then attached to the window seal, so it's rubber on rubber. BTW... I made a comment about window squeaks and the dealer (at the 15k service) gummie'd my window seals to the point of if dripping off (FL sun at work) and so i suspect that it lubricated the bond and caused it to separate... at least a thought (gotta find fault... hehe) Here is a pic:

TIA, LilE

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx CC BUT that doesn't exactly solve my problem :rolleyes:

I will remember that for the next time I'm there... dunno if I will be able to do it as well as you but I give it a try... :thumb:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CCs328Ci said:
Oh sorry, how about this, this usually works on the service manager.
j/k, surely someone here knows.. :thumb:
That is what they do to me when I even look like i might complain bout something!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK OK... I called the stealer... their solution and I quote "if it is bothering you just cut it off" hehe

Anyway.. a lil more into the conversation netted this..

An appt for sometime in the distant future to have 2 new door seals installed that are on back-order as well as 4 SO3's (ugh AYN!) and a 4 wheel alignment...

such is life!

Thanx for the advice CC.. the mallet thing worked ;)

·
Gone Motoring!
2,025 Posts
LilEccentricJ said:
OK OK... I called the stealer... their solution and I quote "if it is bothering you just cut it off" hehe

Anyway.. a lil more into the conversation netted this..

An appt for sometime in the distant future to have 2 new door seals installed that are on back-order as well as 4 SO3's (ugh AYN!) and a 4 wheel alignment...

such is life!

Thanx for the advice CC.. the mallet thing worked ;)
Cool, the S03's are back-ordered now? glad I got them before they ran out... =)

u need covered parking at work... and maybe move that milling machine inside so u can park in your garage... =)

--Andrew

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ayn said:

... and maybe move that milling machine inside so u can park in your garage... =)

--Andrew
Suuuure... should I put it in the kitchen and slap a "KitchenAid" sticker on it? It's about 1986 lbs heavier than a mixer ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts