BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know these E92 - 335i deals are poping up everywhere and I've already made a few posts about it but I thought I make a new thread for it like the other groups.

I talked to a CA here in the Los Angeles area who said that they would give us a ED price of $1250 over the ED Invoice. He didn't give me any specifics but did mention that the bigger the group the bigger the discount we'll get :thumbup:

If you are interested you can PM me or post that you are interested and I'll contact you with his information, it's hard to find deal out here in LA since so many people buy/own BMWs so I am hoping we get a good group discount!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Wow, I've never seen a group buy on entire cars before. Good Luck!
JL

·
Registered
132 Posts
:confused:

·
Registered
132 Posts
$1250 over invoice?? wow, your SA's being generous........:rolleyes:

I've already directed 3 people that put in ED's for 335i's at $750 over euro-invoice without having any "group buy bargaining" required.....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's a great price... I've heard of some people getting 850 over ED up in the Bay Area but the problem is that's the best I've seen for the Los Angeles area which might have something to do with so many [rich] BMW drivers living in LA and the lack of public transportation!

In either case I personally want to go to a dealer close to my house so that I won't have to drive the car cross-country after I take delivery of it.

Any chance you can see if that dealer with the 750 over invoice has a 'sister' dealership in the Los Angeles area?

·
Registered
132 Posts
the dealer's owned by a corporation called 'Sonic automotive' which also owns BMW of Beverly Hills. try there.
you can do euro delivery from any dealership and negotiate to have it shipped to your area. there was no "extra charge" from ordering here in nashville with the persons noted living in Florida, Texas, and Kansas.
i saw a post for dealer interest in the Northwest as well. Not a bad little (scenic) drive down the coast to from NW region to LA..........

·
Registered
228 Posts
mog_pj said:
I know these E92 - 335i deals are poping up everywhere and I've already made a few posts about it but I thought I make a new thread for it like the other groups.

I talked to a CA here in the Los Angeles area who said that they would give us a ED price of $1250 over the ED Invoice. He didn't give me any specifics but did mention that the bigger the group the bigger the discount we'll get :thumbup:

If you are interested you can PM me or post that you are interested and I'll contact you with his information, it's hard to find deal out here in LA since so many people buy/own BMWs so I am hoping we get a good group discount!
I'm in. And actuallyl arranged a trip with the thread originator PJ to meet up at the Calabasas dealer tomorrow 7/22/2006 to get all the specifics. Anybody else want in???

The more, the better our price will be.

Gabo2k

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:) LOL false alarm, the 700 over ED is not for a 335, I almost fell out of my chair thinking these dealers are screwing us :mad:

floodlight said:
I got $700 over invoice at Savage BMW in Ontario, CA. A bit of a drive for me, but clearly worth it!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yeah anyone that is interested please contact us so we can all go in and show them that we mean business! :D

gabo2k said:
I'm in. And actuallyl arranged a trip with the thread originator PJ to meet up at the Calabasas dealer tomorrow 7/22/2006 to get all the specifics. Anybody else want in???

Gabo2k

·
Registered
98 Posts
gabo2k said:

Gabo2k
I'm in for this as well. What time are we meeting at the dealer? 10:30?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Let's say between 10:30 and 11 for someone of us who might sleep in LOL
I will have a big poster like the ones people hold up at air ports so that we can find each other :stupid: (except that stupid will be replaced with ED Group Buy) hahaha
By the way I told the CA to be expecting us so we are all set!

·
Registered
98 Posts
mog_pj said:
Let's say between 10:30 and 11 for someone of us who might sleep in LOL
I will have a big poster like the ones people hold up at air ports so that we can find each other :stupid: (except that stupid will be replaced with ED Group Buy) hahaha
By the way I told the CA to be expecting us so we are all set!
Good work, PJ. See you tomorrow. I might actually arrive a few minutes early to see if they'll let me drive a 330i (or maybe an M5). Been quite some time since I've driven a BMW.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oh trust me I haven't given up either, especially since the more of us that show the more leverage we will have over them!

·
Registered
35 Posts
newbie here...

I live in Orange County but I maybe interested in the group buy in LA.

I'm pretty much a newbie to the forums and to the ED car buying process so I just have a few questions. It says that the group buy price for the 335i is in relation to the ED invoice price...does that mean we still have to goto Munich to pick up our cars (just like a regular ED purchase)?

How about car trade-in...will we be able to trade-in our current cars? And finally, will there be financing available or do we have to come up with all of the money upfront?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This weekend 3 of us went in to the dealership which is offering the 1250 over ED and picked out our colors/options and got on the list, so now just waiting for the confirmation from him on the pick up date.

For others who might still be interested in this deal, the SA called us today and said that once the ED allocations run out, he won't be able to offer this deal anymore since after that it would be coming off the dealer's allocations.
So it seems like time is of the essence for those who want to join us in this deal before they lose out on it LOL

grinder82 said:
I live in Orange County but I maybe interested in the group buy in LA.

I'm pretty much a newbie to the forums and to the ED car buying process so I just have a few questions. It says that the group buy price for the 335i is in relation to the ED invoice price...does that mean we still have to goto Munich to pick up our cars (just like a regular ED purchase)?

How about car trade-in...will we be able to trade-in our current cars? And finally, will there be financing available or do we have to come up with all of the money upfront?
Welcome to the fest grinder82, to answer your question yes we do still have to go to Europe (Munich) to take delivery of the car and then get it to the drop off point for it to be shipped back to the US (by BMW themselves). Since you are going through a dealer here in the US you can do all the things that you would be doing for a regular buy, so trade-in's are ok and financing will be available via BMW and you can get your own (I am planning on going to a Credit Union). You need to have the $ about 2 weeks before you take off for Germany so in that sense you have to come up with the money upfront...

·
Custom User
760 Posts
mog_pj said:
For others who might still be interested in this deal, the SA called us today and said that once the ED allocations run out, he won't be able to offer this deal anymore since after that it would be coming off the dealer's allocations.
That sounds like :bs: to me. There is no such thing as ED allocations, is there? And if so, wouldn't that "allocation" get replenished every month? :dunno:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts