BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 563 Posts

·
BMW Platinum Visa® Member
9,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 25 months, my beloved 428i has to go as the wife is expecting and 4 practical doors and a large back seat are needed.

I called my dealer today to ask about leaving my lease early and getting a 335xi Sports Sedan. He had me come by to test drive a 328xi that he had on the lot and came back with this:

2009 328xi
M-Sport
Steptronic
Cold Weather
iPod

$549 per month
36 Months / 15,000 Miles
$5,000 Down

This has the dealer absorbing the remaining 10 months payments on the E93 which costs me $655 per month.

I really enjoyed the 328xi's ride and handling, and owning an M3 more than makes up for the loss of the Cabriolet. Good deal or no?

HWSNBN

·
Chicks dig Wagons!
4,846 Posts
After 25 months, my beloved 428i has to go as the wife is expecting and 4 practical doors and a large back seat are needed.

I called my dealer today to ask about leaving my lease early and getting a 335xi Sports Sedan. He had me come by to test drive a 328xi that he had on the lot and came back with this:

2009 328xi
M-Sport
Steptronic
Cold Weather
iPod

$549 per month
36 Months / 15,000 Miles
$5,000 Down

This has the dealer absorbing the remaining 10 months payments on the E93 which costs me $655 per month.

I really enjoyed the 328xi's ride and handling, and owning an M3 more than makes up for the loss of the Cabriolet. Good deal or no?

HWSNBN
This isn't an M3. Its a 328 with the Msport package. Huge, huge difference.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I call BS on this troll.

I'm seeing 428, M3, e93-35 then 35XI all mixed in and someone s/n that suspiciously looks like boltjames. :tsk:

Mods attention all mods.

·
9,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I call BS on this troll.

I'm seeing 428, M3, e93-35 then 35XI all mixed in and someone s/n that suspiciously looks like boltjames.

Mods attention all mods.
No troll, no need for mods. Turning a new leaf, looking for some advice before getting an M328i, hoping you (or others) might help.

BJM3

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
You are better off paying off the old car, and starting fresh. BMW is running a 328i deal right now for $349/month...

- Mike

·
9,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are better off paying off the old car, and starting fresh. BMW is running a 328i deal right now for $349/month...

- Mike
Thank you. What I'm finding is that adding the M-Sport and other packages/accessories makes that $349 deal jump up to the same $549 on the '10 that I'm being offered on the '09.

Basically, I can get into an '09 on the lot for the same monthly lease as a '10 with the same configuration. The difference being that I'm out of the 'Vert 10 months early and can be in an x-drive vehicle as we head into the winter. On paper, I'm getting out of my lease early and aren't being financially penalized for it (I hope).

That M-Sport package really makes the car hum. Can't believe how much faster off the line it is.

BJM3

·
Registered
691 Posts
Thank you. What I'm finding is that adding the M-Sport and other packages/accessories makes that $349 deal jump up to the same $549 on the '10 that I'm being offered on the '09.

Basically, I can get into an '09 on the lot for the same monthly lease as a '10 with the same configuration. The difference being that I'm out of the 'Vert 10 months early and can be in an x-drive vehicle as we head into the winter. On paper, I'm getting out of my lease early and aren't being financially penalized for it (I hope).

That M-Sport package really makes the car hum. Can't believe how much faster off the line it is.

BJM3
I held out till i saw this... now i have to call :bs:

Too many trolls lately...

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
I held out till i saw this... now i have to call :bs:

Too many trolls lately...
He's serious guys. Well, maybe except for that last line.

- Mike

·
Registered
493 Posts
Getting out 10 months early??? you're paying for it one way or another. No dealer is just going to "absorb" it..Run the numbers and you'll see. In the end it YOU that has to be happy with the deal. If it works for you, pull the trigger and don't look back and second guess your decision.

·
9,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Getting out 10 months early??? you're paying for it one way or another. No dealer is just going to "absorb" it..Run the numbers and you'll see. In the end it YOU that has to be happy with the deal. If it works for you, pull the trigger and don't look back and second guess your decision.
True. Some other questions:

1. My E93 had ambient lighting in the cabin. Do any E90's have this or is it unavailable?

2. The M328xi has different sized tires in the rear than in the front; is there a reason why?

3. The car doesn't have an ashtray with a cover (right above the shifter on the console) but rather just an open divot with a rubber insert. Is there a BMW accessory to convert this back over to an ashtray or sunglass holder? I need the cover.

4. The car has paddle shifters. If it hit one of them accidentally at speed, how do I disengage them?

5. Are there any differences between the 2009 and 2010 model years that I should be aware of?

6. I really liked my E93's Angel Eyes as daytime-running-lights. Will my new ride have this as well?

7. The E93 came with a front grille with chromed slots; is there one that will fit the E90?

8. I bought the chromed tailpipe extensions for my E93 and the ones on the M328i are a matte finish; will the ones for my '07 E93 fit on the new '09 E90?

BJM3

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
No matter how you slice it, you are going to get hosed. Try swap-a-lease or leasetrader. If you are low on miles, you may be able to do something (although a drop-top isn't such a hot commodity in late November in your neck of the woods).

Again, never roll your old car payments into your new set of wheels. Bad idea.

- Mike

·
zeddy
7,668 Posts
Whoa. The M328xi Sports Sedan is a major step-up from the E93. Not that that stuff matters to me.

BJM3
Looks like your M328xi has the "reverse status" package - the step down becomes a step up ;)

The 328xi is a nice car, enjoy :thumbup:

·
9,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like your M328xi has the "reverse status" package - the step down becomes a step up ;)

The 328xi is a nice car, enjoy :thumbup:
Thanks, Ed. I've got a laundry list of questions (above) that I could use answers on. Can you shed some light?

BJM3

·
Outside looking in
6,325 Posts
You might want to check oil change intervals, winter tires, driving without DSC and welcome package details in your questions to the board members.

Oh, and make sure you don't get a feminine colour either...

·
zeddy
7,668 Posts
True. Some other questions:

1. My E93 had ambient lighting in the cabin. Do any E90's have this or is it unavailable?

2. The M328xi has different sized tires in the rear than in the front; is there a reason why?

3. The car doesn't have an ashtray with a cover (right above the shifter on the console) but rather just an open divot with a rubber insert. Is there a BMW accessory to convert this back over to an ashtray or sunglass holder? I need the cover.

4. The car has paddle shifters. If it hit one of them accidentally at speed, how do I disengage them?

5. Are there any differences between the 2009 and 2010 model years that I should be aware of?

6. I really liked my E93's Angel Eyes as daytime-running-lights. Will my new ride have this as well?

7. The E93 came with a front grille with chromed slots; is there one that will fit the E90?

8. I bought the chromed tailpipe extensions for my E93 and the ones on the M328i are a matte finish; will the ones for my '07 E93 fit on the new '09 E90?

BJM3
Ambient lighting is part of the premium package, no?

Different sized front and rear tires means you have the sport package - on powerful RWD cars, wider rear tires serve a purpose, but on the 328xi they're more about show than go ( I didn't know the xi had staggered wheels).

You don't have the smoking package - check the accessories section on the BMW site to see if there's a cover.

You won't get into trouble with the paddle shifters, the car won't allow you to, don't worry about it.

The facelift was the big change, not sure if that affected 09's or started with the 10's - there are some minor trim difference and as others have pointed out here, there's been a bit of decontenting on the 2010's (no hood pad, no baskets on the back of the seats etc.)

don't know about the last three questions - sounds like accessories though, and I'd guess they'd be available for your car.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,826 Posts
BJ, after all the time you spent on this forum if you truly need to ask these question you are a real dullard and I wonder how you ever got enough money together for your 428.

·
Extended Euro Delivery
3,386 Posts
Stfu, seriously, what has this guy done to you? This whole thread is humorous AND it's about the 3er... so let's not arbitrarily lock this yet mods...

i call bs on this troll.

I'm seeing 428, m3, e93-35 then 35xi all mixed in and someone s/n that suspiciously looks like boltjames. :tsk:

Mods attention all mods.

1 - 20 of 563 Posts