BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can someone please help me out here??
I drive a 2009 528 xdrive with 63000miles on it. Its my first car and always been mainted at regular intervals. With oil changes done every 4000 miles.

For the 60000 mile service I took it to an independent BMW shop to whom everyone in my family goes. I got the oil and filter change and brake fluid flush done at BMW of Devon. As soon as the car hit about 58000 miles I began to feel it was slightly sluggish in D and seemed to work hard to get to 4000 rpm however I did not take much notice since I spend time only driving on the highway between Philly and Delaware so there is no need to push it too hard too often.
At the independent shop that I go to I got all the sparkplugs replaced and air filters and cabin air filters changed and I still feel the car kinda struggle to rev in normal mode. When I put it into DS it does feel spirited but it still feels like its struggling and I can't tell why.

Has anyone come across this issue before or has any suggestions?

I'd appreciate any help that members may have to offer.

Edit : it seems spirited when I first start the car and its below optimal operating temperature. A few minutes into it, it starts to feel sluggish.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Just throwing random things out there:

-What kind of fuel are you using? what octane? don't use crappy gasoline.
- Try resetting adaptations
- Are you using Synthetic oil? why are you changing oil every 4,000 miles? that's too often.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
-I use 93 Octane, always have used 93 from Shell or Sunoco.
-I have tried resetting the adaptation but I can't tell if there is any difference.
-I am usually doing 70+ Mph on the highways about 80 miles a day and always get the oil changed at the dealer with full synthetic. I just change it often because I thought it would be better for the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.