BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been detailing the M since 8:00am (it's 7:50pm now) and I quit for the day. I got it washed, clayed, and half the car polished.
Finish polish and wax tomorrow.

Found some scratches I just can't buff out (bummer) I'll try to fill with wax and hope for the best.

It's looking good though :thumbup:

·
'Fester
400 Posts
Congrats on your clean car!! I am going to do mine tomorrow and I was wondering what products you use. I am going to use zymol tomorrow for the first time. I hope it works!!

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Wonder what haus uses . . .

see the thread re: hey haus, here's my garage

Hint: haus is the poster child for Griot's (ask the Roundel letters to the editor dept. :lmao: )

·
5,820 Posts
JMK said:
Congrats on your clean car!! I am going to do mine tomorrow and I was wondering what products you use. I am going to use zymol tomorrow for the first time. I hope it works!!
Heard Zymol is very shortlived. For the work involved, I'd like a longer lasting product.

Looking forward to those pics of the M, Indy. Don't forget, dusk and sunup are the best times to photograph.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I am th Griots garage poster child! I'm not sue if I'm going to use the BOS wax or the Carnauba. We'll see tomorrow which one I choose. After dark photos coiming soon.. the car is going to be a Black mirror!!

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Wonder what haus uses . . .

scottn2retro said:
Hint: haus is the poster child for Griot's (ask the Roundel letters to the editor dept. :lmao: )
Ya ask Satch which product I use. Check you August "Roundel" for a letter from "Douglas Haussler" :D

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
in_d_haus said:

Found some scratches I just can't buff out (bummer) I'll try to fill with wax and hope for the best.

Hey Doug, have you ever seen that colored wax that turtle wax makes??? I've used it with good success for hiding small scratches on red finishes, should be even easier to color match to black. Just a thought

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
damn that's a nice looking car. detailing definately pays off. that being said mini thread hijack while i lament the state of my car... )=:cry: living in downtown houston kind of makes it difficult to detail as i want to.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
in_d_haus said:
Hard work pays off
Looks like show room new to me:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Re: Re: Lotsa work!

DougDogs said:

Hey Doug, have you ever seen that colored wax that turtle wax makes??? I've used it with good success for hiding small scratches on red finishes, should be even easier to color match to black. Just a thought
this probably goes without saying, but i only use that colored stuff right were it is needed...I don't use it for the whole car

·
Registered
33 Posts
If it took you 12 hours to wash, clay and polish half the car, then I suggest you take at look at your efficiency technique or invest in an random orbital polisher. Professional detailers can have 3 cars done in that amount of time.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Soup Nazi said:
If it took you 12 hours to wash, clay and polish half the car, then I suggest you take at look at your efficiency technique or invest in an random orbital polisher. Professional detailers can have 3 cars done in that amount of time.
Professional detailers have 2 or 3 people at a time working on a car. And I'd bet my car looks better...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts