BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My car has abs lights on dashboard. Started up car this afternoon and it was making a loud banging sound which was accompanied by heavy jerking (like when a learner driver is about to stall). Triangle light with exclamation mark was flashing whilst this was going on.

I drove around the car park for around 10 mins in gears 1/2/3 and it continued to do this. When I left the car park and exceeded approx. 30 mph I felt something click in to place and the abs lights returned. The car seemingly drove normally following this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
My car has abs lights on dashboard. Started up car this afternoon and it was making a loud banging sound which was accompanied by heavy jerking (like when a learner driver is about to stall). Triangle light with exclamation mark was flashing whilst this was going on.

I drove around the car park for around 10 mins in gears 1/2/3 and it continued to do this. When I left the car park and exceeded approx. 30 mph I felt something click in to place and the abs lights returned. The car seemingly drove normally following this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
[THIS] will read error codes stored by your ride's computer. Print everything it reports, then clear all codes. Drive the car - take note of new codes stored.

Whatcha got?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Visited local mechanic this morning, cranked the car up and told me to rev in gear, he said that the rear axle needs to be replaced..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts