BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,092 Posts
I think I just had my SAP issue figured out. I was getting codes for low air for secondary pump and it was very loud. I replaced the tube that goes from the pump to the valve, issue persisted. I then replaced the vacuum hose connected to the valve which got baked since it was routed above the exhaust manifold. Whoever designed that should be shot. I also replaced the salmon colored relay in the E-box. It's the 3rd day and the code has not come back.

· Registered
1,092 Posts
The pump is sooooo much quieter now. I have a feeling that between the vacuum leak and the relay ( not opening the valve), the pump was having to work much harder. I used to be able to hear it over the motor and possibly the next neighborhood over.

Yes, it's under the cabin filter housing(driver side) which easily comes off. It's the only salmon color relay and P/N 1263742690 ($14 from dealer).

· Registered
1,092 Posts
Yeah check the little things first. Your pump should be fine if it still turns on, chances are the valve is fine too. The vacuum hose that goes from the valve to the electric air valve is more than likely rotted. Replacing that was the hardest because the electric air valve is under the intake manifold. I basically just had to feel around there to put the new hose on.

In my case, I'm not sure if it was the vacuum hose or the relay, I replaced both to be on the safe side. I still have the relay which may or may not work if you want it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.