BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, new here

I got a BMW 520i 2 litre 24 valve petrol N reg (1995-1996 which is the E34)

and this evening was out driving it, and was driving it a lot faster that normally, although I was revving it the same way, ie normally in third gear i heat 6500 revs, before changing, but tonight was obtaining more of a top speed.

anyway when i parked up i notice a loud ticking noise similar to that from a diesel but a lot louder, and when turning engine on and off it remianed there.

Now the other day check oil level and it was below the minimum line by about 3-5mm in length, but this didnt make the engine make wierd noise or ticking sounds, so thought it could wait a day or so.

anyway reading various forums, common thing people said was low oil pressure, so iv filled the oil to the max using 10w40 or whatever its called, and will check tommorow,

any ideas from anyone as to what could have caused this issue and any solution should the oil not make a difference throughout a day?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Oil below minimum level, 6500 revs, engine noise.......... hmmm.
Are you for real?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Recipe for Baked Engine

Ingredients

One engine, any make and size
Low oil on dipstick
Rev vigorously. Race around block. Spin tach needle around dial.
Cool for 30 minutes.

Serves: You right.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
go **** urselfs

well ur all helpful arent you

whats with the attitude?

just so you know, this mornign when started it, had very faint ticking sound and now its practically disappeared, so i guess it was low oil

u all bunch of ****ing wankers u really are, asked for some help irregardles sof my fault or not and u nothing but rude so all of u go **** ur mothers

·
Registered
171 Posts
irregardless isn't a word

and they tend to get attitudes when people do things with no respect for the engine, you beat that car up. But it's your car you can do what you want. Just ignore them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
So sorry

But needless, juvenile abuse of nice cars is annoying.

Someday you will want to sell this car. Be sure to tell prospective buyers all about your high speed runs on low oil, followed by engine sounds louder than a diesel. But it's quiet now. Wouldn't you want to know that if you were a potential buyer?

Wait, I am having a vision. It's you, getting handed a huge bill for an engine rebuild.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dickheads

irregardless is a word for someone else who said it was not

who said i want to sell this car? who said someday i will want to sell it? i certainly didn't so therefore won't be any prosepctive buyers, and therefore thats no information needed to be given to anyone,

as for huge bill for engine rebuild, don't think so at all!

so like said all of you go **** yourselfs and your stupid fat american mothers too!

But needless, juvenile abuse of nice cars is annoying.

Someday you will want to sell this car. Be sure to tell prospective buyers all about your high speed runs on low oil, followed by engine sounds louder than a diesel. But it's quiet now. Wouldn't you want to know that if you were a potential buyer?

Wait, I am having a vision. It's you, getting handed a huge bill for an engine rebuild.

·
Registered
188 Posts
irregardless is a word for someone else who said it was not

who said i want to sell this car? who said someday i will want to sell it? i certainly didn't so therefore won't be any prosepctive buyers, and therefore thats no information needed to be given to anyone,

as for huge bill for engine rebuild, don't think so at all!

so like said all of you go **** yourselfs and your stupid fat american mothers too!
take it easy dude!
besides helping eachother out people also would like to have fun as well.don't take it personally.if you got the info you were looking for ,it's great if not just let it go and try to look for the answer you were looking for elsewhere.there are tons of forums that you could get info from and there is no need for you to swear to people especially to their family members.
i bet if someone DID answer your question and helped you out you would be buying them flowers instead.
i just think that you should not take it to the heart like that. just my 2 cents

i hope your car is doing fine and hope you keep as long as you can..:thumbup:

·
Registered
272 Posts
I think this thread needs to be closed urgently. This kind of foul langauge is uncalled for and is just upsetting people :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah I think everyone here is being an asshole about this... The guy didn't drive around w/ low oil on purpose.. **** man.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
twats

thanks dude, glad someone agrees

its not the fcat people arent being helpful its the fact people are being rude about how i dirve, so il b rude about something personal to them

Yeah I think everyone here is being an asshole about this...
The guy didn't drive around w/ low oil on purpose.. **** man.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You never told us

So, what's the top end speed?

Don't take anything personally here. You don't know me, I don't know you. It's all just zeroes and ones posing as alphanumeric language. It can't hurt you.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hey sport. A little thin skinned aren't you?
Maybe...I just believe that we should all be able to help each other out without swearing and being abusive :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
to speeed

solved the issue needed oil

the oclock says 165mph, and according to handbook top speed is about 120-125mph, however, i had the speedometer synced correctly n i can manage to get it to 155ish thats at 6500 revs, and could quite eaisly go to 7000 before re dline kicks in n stops me going furthe rin 5th

So, what's the top end speed?

Don't take anything personally here. You don't know me, I don't know you. It's all just zeroes and ones posing as alphanumeric language. It can't hurt you.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Maybe...I just believe that we should all be able to help each other out without swearing and being abusive :thumbdwn:
Beemaboy, you ought have another look at who is doing the cursing and being abusive.
Personally I didn't take the OP seriously as it was such an assinine scenario that I figured it posed by some troll.
That the thin skinned youngster has taken offense to some replies and resorted to insults isn't likely to get him any help, certainly not from me.
I'm not sorry that I don't suffer fools well. Especially ones with a bad attitude and potty mouth.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Beemaboy, you ought have another look at who is doing the cursing and being abusive.
Personally I didn't take the OP seriously as it was such an assinine scenario that I figured it posed by some troll.
That the thin skinned youngster has taken offense to some replies and resorted to insults isn't likely to get him any help, certainly not from me.
I'm not sorry that I don't suffer fools well. Especially ones with a bad attitude and potty mouth.
Sorry Ross...I did not mean that reply to be aimed at you...just anyone in general.

To the OP, really glad to hear that you sorted the problem out and that it was nothing too serious :)... just please dont take jokes so seriously that you feel the need to use such bad language...it does offend some people who dont have a thick skin :thumbup:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Time to go.....

Has anyone else ever seen the commercial where anyone is allowed out to play on the tennis court at a professional tennis match? It's hilarious. The point of the commercial is that anything goes, where anything is allowed.

Well, this forum is about like that commercial. I know of another e34 forum whose main participants can spell, think and talk like adults. I think I'll stay over there.

Anyone who is interested, follow me. Ross1, let's go. If not, don't bother flaming me. I won't see it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What do you mean?!? This guy is on a BMW "Enthusiasts" website we all check our oil religiously and know how to drive our cars when someone abuses there car we get sensitive so If you don't like it leave or listen!!!!! Grow up everyone!!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts