BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Love at first sight

1564 Views 10 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Mykatie
I pulled the trigger and picked up my first BMW auto a few days ago. I got a328i ,Mineral white with a saddle interior. I got the luxury line with the premium pk with the walnut with the inlay dash.
My first love of a vehicle was in 1969 When I bought a 13 year old BMW R60 bike for about 600 dollars .I did all my own work on it and came to appreciate how well built BMWs are.
I had to do the usual walk out of the dealer after my CI tried to jack up the price a grand over my originally agreed opon price of 1100 over invoice out the door including maco.He called two days later to say he could meet my price.
A sport pk in Miami would be a waste as I can hardly find a good curve in the road . It has been bliss until with only 250 mile I came too close to a curb on a turn and scrapped a wheel.I found a thread for wheel repairs in Miami that lead me to a good place that will refinish it for 125.00
Even my wife was taken with how nice it looked especially after I tinted the windows dark. I love the way it handles and the power. I will post a picture later. Thanks for all the good info it helped a lot.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Congrats. Gorgeous color combo. Be sure to set up your Bimmerfest Garage.
you got the luxury line? Sorry us Sport Line owners can't talk to you. :p

Just kidding, inside joke with BJ. Congratulations. Let me ask you a question, how different does the mineral white look from the alpine white? I am getting alpine white.
I pulled the trigger and picked up my first BMW auto a few days ago. I got a328i ,Mineral white with a saddle interior. I got the luxury line with the premium pk with the walnut with the inlay dash.
My first love of a vehicle was in 1969 When I bought a 13 year old BMW R60 bike for about 600 dollars .I did all my own work on it and came to appreciate how well built BMWs are.
I had to do the usual walk out of the dealer after my CI tried to jack up the price a grand over my originally agreed opon price of 1100 over invoice out the door including maco.He called two days later to say he could meet my price.
A sport pk in Miami would be a waste as I can hardly find a good curve in the road . It has been bliss until with only 250 mile I came too close to a curb on a turn and scrapped a wheel.I found a thread for wheel repairs in Miami that lead me to a good place that will refinish it for 125.00
Even my wife was taken with how nice it looked especially after I tinted the windows dark. I love the way it handles and the power. I will post a picture later. Thanks for all the good info it helped a lot.
I had a pearl color car at one point and came to appreciate the various shades of white. Black is black but white varies a lot. The Mineral White is a less pure white. It looks to me to have some really nice shading especially when the sun goes down a bit. At the dealership I saw them side by side and the mineral white looked like it had more body to it. The alpine is nice also.
you got the luxury line? Sorry us Sport Line owners can't talk to you. :p

Just kidding, inside joke with BJ. Congratulations. Let me ask you a question, how different does the mineral white look from the alpine white? I am getting alpine white.
Easy way to make an Alpine White look like
a Mineral White is to not wash the AW! :bigpimp: just kidding...
Thank you Tom. Still love to see one side by side.

I had a pearl color car at one point and came to appreciate the various shades of white. Black is black but white varies a lot. The Mineral White is a less pure white. It looks to me to have some really nice shading especially when the sun goes down a bit. At the dealership I saw them side by side and the mineral white looked like it had more body to it. The alpine is nice also.
Easy way to make an Alpine White look like
a Mineral White is to not wash the AW! :bigpimp: just kidding...
Funny. But honestly when I wash the X5 and polish it Alpine White looks almost pure as fresh snow. I love it. the C350 which I just turned in was also the white, very nice but I didn't get that pure look to it as I get with the X5 when I polish it.

Yeap we are going to have two alpine white cars, my oldest daughter, who was hoping for red, when I told her nope we are getting alpine white looked at me and said dad you are weird....LOL
I love the BMW AW. Haven't seen the MW. I don't like any carmakers white that is more cream colored. Acuras are like that.
There was a poster sometime ago that was at a dealership asking to look at a MW and the CA told him he was standing next to one - he thought it was the AW.
Yeah, you can't tell any differences from the pics posted here, either.
There was a poster sometime ago that was at a dealership asking to look at a MW and the CA told him he was standing next to one - he thought it was the AW.
I think Alpine White is classic. But, I'm not too imaginative when it comes to automotive colors - we've had 4 Alpine White BMWs, a Jerez Black one and a Sapphire Black car. In retrospect though, I guess, for me, on this subject, everything is back and white.
I was torn on what color. Glacier Silver Metallic, or your choice, mineral white. No one seemed to have any vehicles even in repair in mineral white, so I could not see it. Chose Glacier Silver Metallic. Just put order in yesterday, now awaiting build. Premium, cold weather, xenon.$41,500 (includes $1,000 rebate voucher)
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.