BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lead Foot
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This car is a joy to own and drive. Picked it up March 26th in Spartanburg. Loved it from the moment I saw it on display under such beautiful surroundings. This car takes no flak from wise guy drivers who try to crowd in front of you in heavy fast moving traffic. It gives a snort, pounds it's hoof.s and closes the gap right now. I get many compliments from folks who are not really car people, but appreciate fine machinery.

O.K. my problem is the Nav unit refuses to allow the audio to be adjusted. It has one volume most of the time, loud, loud, loud. Setting mode does nothing whatsoever to temper this problem. If for some reason or another I am up tight and she shouts turn left in 200 yards, I almost lose control of the vehicle. Like a shock wave. There is more trouble in this unit than software. Have an appointmnt for the third time at my selling dealer The upgraded software 3 1/50 installed did nothing. If any one of you out there have solved this problem, pleae let me know, as I consider it dangerous at times to use the unit.

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
You can change the volume level in the 'Nav Service Mode'. The easy way to enter service mode is to put the key to 'accessory'. Go to the settings menu on your Navi unit. Then hold down the 'menu' button for a few seconds. It will go into service mode, where you can adjust the volume of the spoken directions.

Hope that helps....

Good luck,

--SONET

·
Lead Foot
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Solution Complex

Thanks for the input Sonet. I am in an area surrounded by Hi Tech guys from the Cape, Harris Rockwell, Grumman etc. and consensus of opinion is the problem much greater than in software. I will ask for a new system. Have played around with the unit for almost three months, car produced arong Feb 3rd. Time for BMW NA to act favorably toward the cunsumer. This is my 2nd BMW and have great faith in the car as well as the manufacturer. Trouble is, I haven't badgered them to the point of obtaing action. Oh yes, the setting does nothing to control volume on mine, which is the problem. From low to high all same. Real loud as car gains speed. See the dilema? Will speak with the Service Manager to-day who I know will be cooperative.

·
Lead Foot
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nav Unit Problem

Thanks for your concern SONET. Will let you know how I make out after consultation on June 20th at my dealer with Service Manager and Tech. One thing, my dealer service department is the best, so I have faith they will see me through this.

·
Lead Foot
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
330ci Cranky Nav Gear

Hi Sonet,

Stopped in at my dealer this afternoon and here is what they are going to do. Take my car on Thursday June 20th, keep it all day and try to work the bugs out with help[ of BMW NA Tech Staff. So, as have mentioned to you previuosly, The Imported Car Store of Melbourne while small compared to large cities, is tops as far as satisfying customerrs. Part of the problem is the in car Audio System programmed to increase volume with speed. Still, that does not cure the lack of volume control in the setting mode for the Nav.

Will keep you posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.