BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2018 X30I but have some mostly minor complaints:

1. Auto warning AND braking is too sensitive when I back down my driveway hill. This is so bad that it either takes 3-5 tries to find an attack angle (right or left of center) that will let me get on the road OR I have to go into I Drive and disable auto braking entirely thus losing a safety feature.

2. I have the car set up to fold the mirrors when locking the car which is a great visual reminder of it being locked. However, when I very remotely lock the car using the Android app the mirrors don't fold in. The app will say lock signal sent and I can see the door lock buttons went down but the mirrors don't move. I would have thought the mirrors would behave the same as when I "ridge" lock it (you know those ridges on the door handle).

3. Playing an MP3 audio book is poorly handled by the player firmware. Sometimes the player will resume in the proper location of a book chapter, sometimes jump back to the beginning of the chapter, or even ship one whole chapter back.

4. The fast forward feature (long press of the > button) is absurdly slow. My old dedicated MP3 players know enough that the longer you hold the> button the faster it should move ahead.

If anyone has any ideas on any fixes that would be nice.

Love the car otherwise and I would buy it again in a heart beat.

·
Registered
39 Posts
#1 was a fun thing to encounter at my in-laws. Couldn't get out of the driveway without the car coming to a dead stop. Finally found an angle to get out and now park on the road when I go over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts