BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, love the car....despise the company. Due to missing the last day of warranty (debatable as BMW Consumer Affairs show the 8th as the last day) by 16 hours.....yes, 16 hours, the chicken sht dealer / BMW of USA refused to do simple service out of goodwill / honor the last day. Not really a big deal from a "stuff that needed to be done" aspect, but from a business development / sustainement point of view BMW will never have my new car business nor will BMW of Sterling ever see my 335i again! I will drive the car for a while and trade it as I usually do anyways. Just a shame BMW is no better than any other nickel and dime auto mfg. Hell, it's all good...screw em!
G

·
Aficionado
3,016 Posts
Agreed!

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
BMW of Sterling thats all you had to say, Sterling BMW right along with Fairfax BMW are the worst in all aspects of car buying, thats why I go to Passport much better experience and treated with respect. Sorry to hear about your problem and the lack of a resolution from their part!:tsk:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Wow, love the car....despise the company. Due to missing the last day of warranty (debatable as BMW Consumer Affairs show the 8th as the last day) by 16 hours.....yes, 16 hours, the chicken sht dealer / BMW of USA refused to do simple service out of goodwill / honor the last day. Not really a big deal from a "stuff that needed to be done" aspect, but from a business development / sustainement point of view BMW will never have my new car business nor will BMW of Sterling ever see my 335i again! I will drive the car for a while and trade it as I usually do anyways. Just a shame BMW is no better than any other nickel and dime auto mfg. Hell, it's all good...screw em!
G
Why did you wait until the last day? :dunno:

Was the service light on?

Did you try another dealer? Or are you sure sterling actually called BMWNA and asked for good will?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why did you wait until the last day? :dunno:

Was the service light on?

Did you try another dealer? Or are you sure sterling actually called BMWNA and asked for good will?
Got the car Tuesday evening. Assumed the Carfag was correct and it had warranty till January. Happened to take it in yesterday (last day?) and found out it was out of warranty as of midnight or 16 hours earlier. No, did not try another dealer....should not be any variance IMO. Not sure of anything except they suck from a customer satisfaction standpoint!
G

·
Super Moderator
14,971 Posts
Got the car Tuesday evening. Assumed the Carfag was correct and it had warranty till January. Happened to take it in yesterday (last day?) and found out it was out of warranty as of midnight or 16 hours earlier. No, did not try another dealer....should not be any variance IMO. Not sure of anything except they suck from a customer satisfaction standpoint!
G
Carfag? That was a typo, yes?

·
Super Moderator
14,971 Posts
G
Well that is a shame and I'm sorry you had that experience with that particular dealer.

I've had very good luck myself.

·
"Clunker" *****
4,684 Posts
G
16 hours out of warranee? Sounds to me like out of warrantee. What's the problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks to me like you are out of warranty. Other car dealers or car manufacturers would do the same. They will sell you extended warranties if you want.

Personally I have loved BMW of Sterlings service. Have been treated very well.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I had a similar experience in a way at the same dealer. My e66 was in warranty then and it had been a year between oil changes; well almost, 361 days. My mileage is/was low so oil was only done annually. I made appointment, went in and was told that BMWNA would not authorize the oil change. I had to make a new appointment a week later and bring it back in. BMW of Sterling has a BMWNA rep on sight who makes these calls. I was furious since I wasted my time waiting to get the car in and talk to a service rep. Try Auto Scandia in Herndon. Not cheaper but good service people and no bull.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Looks to me like you are out of warranty. Other car dealers or car manufacturers would do the same. They will sell you extended warranties if you want.

Personally I have loved BMW of Sterlings service. Have been treated very well.
While I haven't used them for service, I purchased a CPO E91 last year from BMW of Sterling and everyone I dealt with was totally professional.

Tom

·
Registered
268 Posts
To be fair Sterling is better than it was two years ago. They have expanded their service dept. when they first opened they were too small. I rarely got my car back the same day. Also, they use BMW's service system which is not customer friendly. I had a Mercedes for 14 years and their intake system is quicker and very efficient.

·
Registered
402 Posts
You need to understand that a warranty is put on a car to LIMIT the manufacturer's liability NOT to protect the consumer. The warranty (or service agreement) says that the manufacturer will only accept responsibility for a limited period of time, after that time they are no longer responsible. Without a written warranty, the manufacturer would be responsible for defects throughout the life of the car. When the warranty is over, it is over.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.