BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2004 BMW 645CI
Need to know where to start to fix low beam malfunction issue. The problem started with passenger side halo stopped working, then driver side low beam stopped working then passenger side low beam stopped working. I replaced halo bulb and it's working again. I still have low beam malfunction issue but I am not sure what to replace, is it the ballast, ignitor, relay?? Also my high beams will only work if I hold the switch that turns them on and off, if I push switch forward they will not work. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
8,728 Posts
You will need to have your codes pulled by someone with the proper software. The codes will not cause a CEL light, but they will be there. Have you gotten any moisture in your lights recently? Is your green light flashing below your light switch?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
You will need to have your codes pulled by someone with the proper software. The codes will not cause a CEL light, but they will be there. Have you gotten any moisture in your lights recently? Is your green light flashing below your light switch?
There are not any codes using a scanner for low beam malfunction. Low beam malfunction appears in my service info on the display when I start my car, and yes I did notice moisture on there, and the coating around the fiber optic part of the harness is no longer there and wires look brittle but not broken.

·
Super Moderator
8,728 Posts
There are not any codes using a scanner for low beam malfunction. Low beam malfunction appears in my service info on the display when I start my car, and yes I did notice moisture on there, and the coating around the fiber optic part of the harness is no longer there and wires look brittle but not broken.
You might as well purchase a new light if it is that bad. Mine shorted & burnt all of the insulation off of the wires. My fiber optic cables had very little coating left on them also. I had to purchase 3 modules & a light at the tune of around 1800.00. There are not any available internal parts available for our lights. I did get a new light for around 1300.00, which was a steal!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts