BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a low freuency noise in my car, I have been heard this for at least 3 months. The noise is obvious at rear but I can hear this noise when I sit on the driver seat. I do not hear this noise when driveing because it is not obvious. When idling, I can hear it, not obvious,though.

Today, I did a test, when I switch the key to 2, not start the engine, I can hear the noise. So, I put myself as close to fuel tank as possible. I think this sound is from there.

Here is my question, Does my fuel pump generatesthis noise or fuel level sensors?

·
Registered
15,658 Posts
It depends:
- If you listen carefully, then you can hear it.
- Some aftermarket pump (? Walbro) is a bit noisier than Bosch OEM.
- An obstructed flow (blocked fuel filter) can cause noisy pump and shortens the pump life.

Change the fuel filter (if you have not already done so) and report back.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi All,

Thank you all your reply.
I am no the DIY guy so I have a mechanics to replace my fuel pump. It seems to noisy is gone. The culprit is fuel pump, I think.

P.S I bought this fule pump from Highflow compay while in a business trip to the US. I strongly do not recommend to buy the pump from this company because the design of pins to provide power to the pump is bad. Positive and tegative pins are too close to fit in. Need a little retrofit. Do not recommend.

Your fuel pump and it's on it's way out. It could last two more years, it could last two more hours :dunno:
- DIY for testing (1) and replacing the fuel pump (1) & your available options (1)
It depends:
- If you listen carefully, then you can hear it.
- Some aftermarket pump (? Walbro) is a bit noisier than Bosch OEM.
- An obstructed flow (blocked fuel filter) can cause noisy pump and shortens the pump life.

Change the fuel filter (if you have not already done so) and report back.

·
Older than old school
4,461 Posts
Hi All,

Thank you all your reply.
I am no the DIY guy so I have a mechanics to replace my fuel pump. It seems to noisy is gone. The culprit is fuel pump, I think.

P.S I bought this fule pump from Highflow compay while in a business trip to the US. I strongly do not recommend to buy the pump from this company because the design of pins to provide power to the pump is bad. Positive and tegative pins are too close to fit in. Need a little retrofit. Do not recommend.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know what the problem was and for the information about the fuel pump.

With the news of the earthquake and tsunami, our thoughts are with the people of your country, and we hope you and your family are safe.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you.
We are far away from the earthquake center and my family and I are all ok.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what the problem was and for the information about the fuel pump.

With the news of the earthquake and tsunami, our thoughts are with the people of your country, and we hope you and your family are safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.