Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, ive got a 09 e60 535i xdrive. I’ve been looking at many threads about e60 dash rattles. Non of them have one key factor that mine does. After the engine worms and my idle drops down below 1k I get this ticking noise that’s coming from the dash area. I feel like I can hear it outside too but it’s hard to tell with the engine running and the injector noise. Inside the car the noise is heard very clearly but as soon as I give a very light tap just enough to pass 1k rpms the noise goes away. Has anyone had this issue before? No matter the weather or the temp of the car, I can hear it on every drive cycle and at every stops signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey I left the car at the dealer yesterday to find out what this ticking sound was. They called me just now stating that oil cooling line became loose somehow and they have tightened it and ticking sound is gone. I haven’t picked up the car yet but I will let you know when actually pick up the car and confirm

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey just picked up the car and can confirm that the ticking sound is gone. They said it was an oil cooler line. I hope this helps good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

1 - 5 of 5 Posts