Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new problem that just developed since I had the door struts replaced on my 2015 i8, the lower ambient lights do not work. these are the ones on the driver and passenger side foot area as well as the stripes of light on both doors.
the upper ones work. I can change the upper ones with the lighting setting on extended (but still no lower lights) and can see all three various colors on the upper ambient lights, but when I select just blue, white, orange without the extended option, there is nothing lower in either setting.
anyone help out?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i checked the connections, as best as I could, looked at the fuses and could not figure out which one would control the lower ambient lights. i finally took it in to the dealership...

it was a loose connection on the lower passenger side foot light. i had checked this connection and the connection seemed to be good to me, but i have never worked on a car like this before so i obviously did not check well enough! i would definitely check where the foot rest lights are under the dash!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got the same issue myself. I did not notice it until today, where either the extended options for blue, orange, or white does not display the lower ambient lights (Layers 2 and 3). I can check if its a connection issue, and report back to see if that works. But if anyone else has other ideas let me know!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts