Bimmerfest BMW banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
7,357 Posts
For BMW warranty service the dealers must follow a prescribed BMW script to address each type of issue. Depending on how that goes BMW may or may not instruct them to update or modify software. As mentioned sometimes new software can fix one issue and break another so they try not to update the major software set unless all else has failed or it's required for a known issue.

You can see it on the notes at the bottom of the invoice that was shared above. They. Are notating the steps they took according to that script. When I had my G12 in for the flaps they actually had to keep the car multiple days because they'd try a step without success, enter the notes into a BMW system and have to wait for someone at BMW to review them and give them direction for next steps.
This is absolutely correct. My service advisor stated BMW has clearly laid out procedures for different warranty claim problems, that must be followed in order to receive reimbursement.

He said if you come in out of warranty, they will often cut to the chase in order to try and save the customer some labor on the fix.

·
Registered
2021 X5 M50i;, 2018 540ix Past: 2014 A6 3.0T; Audi Q5; 2001 740iL; 1998 740i; 1994 530i 740i; 530i
1,137 Posts
Update--Cooling Shutters Replacement

Got word earlier that my car is done (lower shutters replaced). The SA said they fortunately did not have to do any further software updates to the one done back in 2018. Therefore I will retain all my coding:).

They did find a fault code with the iDrive 6 (screen going blank) but since I have not been having any issues with it I passed on a having a full, coding unfriendly, software update performed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The engine light issue with my bmw regarding the "active shutter" issue. This has been repaired twice, and today the
engine light is back again!I've scheduled an appointment with the dealer on Oct 20, 2020 1pm for the 3rd fix.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts