BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I saw my mechanic today to discuss lowering springs. A short while back I had all new suspension work done (including Bilstein sport shocks/struts). I should have looked into springs at the time, but I didn't.

My concern is ride quality. It's already pretty stiff as is (I have a CAD 2001 M-Sport model with sport suspension). What are your thoughts on everyday driving with lowering springs and 19's? Roads up here in Vancouver aren't too bad...for the most part.

TIA.

·
Registered
375 Posts
So I saw my mechanic today to discuss lowering springs. A short while back I had all new suspension work done (including Bilstein sport shocks/struts). I should have looked into springs at the time, but I didn't.

My concern is ride quality. It's already pretty stiff as is (I have a CAD 2001 M-Sport model with sport suspension). What are your thoughts on everyday driving with lowering springs and 19's? Roads up here in Vancouver aren't too bad...for the most part.

TIA.
I have all the above and the ride is fine, I drive er daily.
I actually drove to LA with my gf, she didn't notice a change, at all.
Just make sure you roll the rear fenders, I had 2 adults in my back seats,
with their luggage (along with my gf and our luggage) it rubbed.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, you have H&R coilovers?

I have Bilstein sport shocks, and would be getting H&R springs.

It states 1.3 lower in front, and 0.75 lower in rear for non-sport, and 0.6 lower in rear for sport.

This doesn't seem too severe of a drop. I think I'm just going to go ahead and get it. The ride can't be much worse than it is already.

I'm running 245/35/19 in front and 275/30/19 in rear.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a go. I asked my mechanic to order the H&R springs. It will all be done on Tuesday.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Labor is I think 400-500 for me, up in Canada.

·
chillen
1,438 Posts
im about to drop my car. and im gonna DIY. the part im worried about is rolling the fenders how do you go about doin that.

·
X
227 Posts
blk540isport: there's a huge write up on bmwdiy or whatever about rolling the fenders, you need a special tool for it :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sport...I think. Aren't race really low?

It's 1.25" in front and 0.6" in rear.

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
Sport...I think. Aren't race really low?

It's 1.25" in front and 0.6" in rear.
yeah.. race is pretty low. that's what i have and i'm not sure if i'm going to go with 19's now..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts