BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
That Guy w/ the Modded GT
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

This is my first time posting here. As you can see I currently own a modded 550GT (thats on H&R's actually :D ), but I'm looking at moving up to a F01/F02 soon, and needed advice from you guys.

I'm interested in lowering the car, and the H&R SuperSport Springs give a great drop, but there is still a little gap. I've been seeing pics of 7ers all over the Internet and they have really nice drops, I've posted a few pics below, can anyone tell me what they're running on? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Pretty much your options are H&R, Eibach, and KW. If you buy a self leveling car then most will only have 1.5in of drop for the front and links for the rear. If you buy a standard suspension car you can purchase KW coilovers which provide the most adjustment. I researched and found a few companies make a 2" drop but its always labeled for the 740. I took a chance and purchased the 2" springs from Megan Racing along with leveling links and they worked. It took some adjustments but ultimately I was able to make it work.

·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty much your options are H&R, Eibach, and KW. If you buy a self leveling car then most will only have 1.5in of drop for the front and links for the rear. If you buy a standard suspension car you can purchase KW coilovers which provide the most adjustment. I researched and found a few companies make a 2" drop but its always labeled for the 740. I took a chance and purchased the 2" springs from Megan Racing along with leveling links and they worked. It took some adjustments but ultimately I was able to make it work.
Does KW make anything else besides coils for the 7er? And when I was on their website, I only saw coils for the 3 & 5, no 7.

Also, I'm looking at an LI, I believe those come standard with rear air suspension. However, in the pics I posted, I believe most of those cars are LIs, so how did they all get so low?

·
Registered
131 Posts
To find the KW's I believe you need to look under the 740. You can use the front 2 but the rears are useless. I think your best bet is go with a 2in 740 spring and the links can be adjusted as low as you can get away with. ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1406842704.900434.jpg
Here is my car. It's a 2in Megan racing spring up front. And then the links in the rear.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To find the KW's I believe you need to look under the 740. You can use the front 2 but the rears are useless. I think your best bet is go with a 2in 740 spring and the links can be adjusted as low as you can get away with. View attachment 455785
Here is my car. It's a 2in Megan racing spring up front. And then the links in the rear.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
The car looks great btw. :)

Where did you get the lowering links for the rear? And what front springs are those (any link to them)? Thanks for all your help btw

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a set of Megan racing springs for sale. I had them on for a week and swapped them out for h&r. Megan had a lower drop than I was looking for. Pm me if interested

·
Registered
61 Posts
I used the megan springs on my LI and the adjustable links at first. While the megan springs def get the car lower the spring rate was way too soft for the car. I ended up swapping out to H&Rs for now but I"m trying to work with a company to make me some custom springs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts