BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what company make the lowest for the 330xi?
which ones ride the best?

i only see Eibach Pro-kit 1.2" front, and 1.0" rear. does any other reputable company go lower and still offers comfortable ride quality?

what shock manufacturer is best to couple the lowering springs with?

are there any full coilover systems available for the 330xi?

·
just like that, he's gone
2016 BMW 535 M-Sport
1,700 Posts
check out Bavauto and get as close to OEM stuff as possible if you want to keep any comfortability in the ride.

·
Holy Flamebait, Batman!
265 Posts
I'm pretty sure the XIs sit high for a reason - so you can use the AWD.

I won't say I havent had thoughts on suspension changes for my 325xi, but the clearance does have a purpose. Not sure how much I need it since my issues are mostly snow...

·
Registered
814 Posts
IMO the Dinan parts are way too expensive. Comparable manufacturers such as Bilstein and Eibach will give you similar performance improvements.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
3,247 Posts
Eibach makes a great spring setup. You can also do the H&R Sport Springs which are similar to the Eibachs in terms of ride height and ride quality.

For shocks, I recommend the Koni Sport Yellows which are adjustable shock replacements that will offer a firmer ride and more planted feel. You can also adjust them individually based on your preferences.

We can package either spring together for you with the shocks for a full upgrade as well.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Eibach makes a great spring setup. You can also do the H&R Sport Springs which are similar to the Eibachs in terms of ride height and ride quality.

For shocks, I recommend the Koni Sport Yellows which are adjustable shock replacements that will offer a firmer ride and more planted feel. You can also adjust them individually based on your preferences.

We can package either spring together for you with the shocks for a full upgrade as well.
Nick, are the packages available on the site or is it a special offer? Im looking for Eibach springs and either Konis or Bilsteins as far as shocks go. I like the fact that the Koni shocks are adjustable. Thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I were looking for information on the Internet, where could I go to find said information?
maybe on an internet forum filled with likewise enthusiasts ?????? maybe i could get some feedback and ideas????? some peoples experiences????

or maybe i should just do a random google search and buy the first one that pops up based on that company's search engine optimization and marketing tactics.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
412 Posts
maybe on an internet forum filled with likewise enthusiasts ?????? maybe i could get some feedback and ideas????? some peoples experiences????

or maybe i should just do a random google search and buy the first one that pops up based on that company's search engine optimization and marketing tactics.
I like the google idea. Go with that! :thumbup:

·
Registered
412 Posts
I recently put on KW V1 coilovers and I like the ride better than stock. My ride now sits about as high as a RWD sports package car, but I'm nowhere near bottomed out. I could easily drop another inch front & rear if I didn't car about ground clearance.
mekaneck, how does your xi do in crappy IL winters now that you have it lowered? I am considering the Eibach lowering springs for my xi...which i think is about a 1" drop all around...not bad...

·
tool
174 Posts
you'll have to ask me that come November... I put the new suspension on in April, so I don't know how it'll work yet. But that's the reason I left the car sitting as high as I did, and I don't expect I'll have any problems. I'd suspect the springs you're looking at won't hurt you're winter driving too much either. The XI sits waaaay to high stock, so I'd recommend that mod for sure. :thumbup:

·
1.888.JLEVISW
3,247 Posts
Nick, are the packages available on the site or is it a special offer? Im looking for Eibach springs and either Konis or Bilsteins as far as shocks go. I like the fact that the Koni shocks are adjustable. Thanks for the help :)
We have a few of the packages available on the site but also many more options available that aren't listed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts