BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
5,820 Posts
Sean said:
More than $6 bucks.:p $115+$6.00 (s/h) = 121
You would have paid tax at Lowe's

What are the state and local sales tax rates in Tennessee?

Generally, the state sales and use tax rate is 6.00% and the local rate is 2.25%. However, the local rate will vary from 1.00% to 2.75%. Certain circumstances may create exemptions from one or both of the taxes, while qualified consumer types may enjoy reduced rates of tax.

·
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could have had a friend of mine buy it for me tax exempt with a business license. Sure it would have only saved me $12 bucks, but $12 bucks is $12 bucks. :D

·
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm afraid not. I've owned 6 BMW's in the last 7 years and I currently own 2. There's nothing wrong with being tight. I work hard for my money and $12.00 is enough to buy my son a new toy or take him to McDonalds for lunch. Those that have children would surely agree.

If you could have your oil changed at one BMW Center for say $50 vs. another for $62 and they both offered an equal level of service, which dealer would you be sitting at?

·
5,820 Posts
Sean said:
I'm afraid not. I've owned 6 BMW's in the last 7 years and I currently own 2. There's nothing wrong with being tight. I work hard for my money and $12.00 is enough to buy my son a new toy or take him to McDonalds for lunch. Those that have children would surely agree.

I don't agree. $12 for lunch at McDonald's for lunch is a total waste of money and bad for both his and your health. Nothing wrong with saving $12 though.

·
Gone Motoring!
2,025 Posts
First of all, I agree with Sean about $12 is $12, I actually just called AMEX to rebate $20 from their best-value guarantee program... 5 minutes phone call for $20, definitely worth the troubles.

Anyway, in the Griot's Garage catalog, they mentioned their PC is a little different than others because theirs don't conduct heat to the pad??? is that true? or is the PC at Lowe's exactly the same as Griot's?

I tend to think that Griot's Garage has the best of everything but they also charge a hefty premium for that "quality guarantee" and the brand. (like more than 2x the price for the Rhino ramps)

--Andrew

·
5,820 Posts
ayn said:

Anyway, in the Griot's Garage catalog, they mentioned their PC is a little different than others because theirs don't conduct heat to the pad??? is that true? or is the PC at Lowe's exactly the same as Griot's?

--Andrew
If you order the hook and loop contour backing plate with the PC it's the same as Griot's.

·
5,820 Posts
Ripsnort said:
I get upset if someone robs me of $12, but at the same time I just consider it a lesson learned (and store the information) if I rob myself of $12 due to lack of shopping around! ;)
Who knew :dunno: But we don't have a Lowe's here anyway.

Just washed my car with p21s after the polish and wax after 2 weeks. SpeedShined it after the wash. All I can say is WOW. And it's silver. Great stuff, all of it. :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts