BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a current BMWFS lessee, and I’m picking up a new 2009 335i Sedan that I ordered on January 2, 2009. I locked the favorable December 2008 program numbers when I ordered, on the last day of the December program. The 36 month/36k mile lease, when I locked, had a residual of 62% and MF of .00175. Starting with the January program, on January 3, 2009, of course, the MF went up and the residual went down.

Since then, I learned that I will get $1,000 cash under the loyalty incentive program. I’m very pleased with that, of course.

What I don’t know is what MF I will get. I understand that the loyalty program offers a MF discount of .0003. So, does that mean I will get .00145 (i.e., .00175 - .0003)? I would think that I would, but the new residual has gone down since I locked, and I don’t know if there is some rule that says if I get the newly discounted MF, I have to take the now lower residual. I wouldn't think so, but want to make sure. It makes a big difference, obviously.

Does anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MF and residual are a locked pair, you can't chose to update the MF but not the residual.
I know that's normally the case. For example, where one month's program has, say, MF of .0025 and residual of 60%. And then the next month's program comes out and the MF has fallen to .0020 but residual has also dropped to 55%, you can't cherry pick and get the .0020 MF from this month and keep the 60% residual from last month. They go together. I understand that.

But here, there is a promotional discount of .0003 off of the money factor for current (or recent lessees); it isn't linked to a particular residual, or even a particular month. It just says, essentially, "whatever your MF, take .0003 off." So, that seems different to me. Isn't it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts